edited July 2015 in ORK Support
Sorry if this is a very obvious question, but I just cannot seem to find the answer.

In Battle Settings, I disable use target menu and just use mouse/touch control with mouse button = 0 and click count = 1. I know ORK is using a raycast to find the enemy combatant, but it doesn't seem to be working for me in 2d. I have a box collider 2d attached to the enemy combatant with "is trigger" checked. Not sure what else I can do besides that. Can someone explain to me how to make it work in 2d? Is it the 2d box collider?

Also a not exactly related question: I'm interested in playing an animation for player combatants when it's their turn in turn-based battles. ie when the ability menu pops up for a certain player combatant, I want that combatant to transition to a "wait idle" animation state while waiting for input from player before attacking. I see that there's a "Action Wait Idle Type" in Battle Animation Types, and I think that's what I'm looking for, except nothing happens when I assigned the death animation to it. Please can someone tell me what obvious step I missed?

Thanks.
Post edited by 9gate on
  • Check the Raycast Settings in Game > Game Settings if they're raycasting for 2D objects. I think the default is only 3D, you can change that to use only 2D or a combination of 2D and 3D.

The Action Wait Idle animation is played when you've selected an action for a combatant and he's waiting to perform it (e.g. when using classic turn based where you select all actions at the start of the turn).
    I don't think it's currently possible to play an animation while choosing.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome thanks, I didn't know raycast settings was included in game settings. It's been a while since I used ORK.

Can you point me to the code that handles turn calculation? I want to see if I can add that feature through scripting and post it here if I can get it to work.
  • Never mind, I went through the API and managed to find a solution using the Combatant and ActiveBattleMenu classes. Please let me know if there's a more elegant approach.

Attach this script to each player-controlled combatant:
    if(combatant.BattleMenu.IsOpen)
    animator.SetBool("wait", true);
    else
    animator.SetBool("wait", false);

I also included a check to see whether it's a battle scene or not. I'm not sure if it's necessary, though.

Thanks again for the help!