Is there any way I could show:
Talk to [NPC Name]
using the Interact HUD?

EDIT:
Not sure if I'm doing this right:
Talk to #sceneobject.name0#
throws me an error.
Post edited by weroth on
  • Basically, the Scene Objects are the way to go. In the HUD, you can use the special text codes %n (name), %d (description) and %i (icon) to display information on interactions.
    This information can come from attached Scene Object components or when the NPC also is a combatant.

The #sceneobject.name0# text code would only display the name of the scene object with index 0.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, I see. So, to sum up

1) In Interaction HUD
    Talk to %n

2) Make a Scene Object in World tab.

3) Attach a Scene Object Component to the NPC and set the Scene Object.

Cool, thanks!
  • That's it :)

On a side note - you can create different interaction HUDs, depending on the type of the interaction (e.g. use a different HUD for interacting with item collectors). This is handled by how you set up the Display Conditions of your HUD.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!