Hello!

First time posting here and general new user with the ORK Framework. It's been fantastic so far. Job well done.

I've been working through the tutorials, and seem to be receiving an error with the second Change Camera Position step in the simpleStart event. When I go to test the simpleStart event, the notification appears, the sound plays, the first camera position kicks in, and the screen fades to white. However, the camera then hangs, and the white screen remains. This is the error I receive:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ChangeCameraPositionStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent)
ORKFramework.Events.BattleStartEvent.ExecuteNextStep ()
ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next)
ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (Single delta)
ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.Update ()
Now, I know its the second change camera event because I played around with the disabling the other events, and even removed the fade effects. If I remove the fade effects, the screen camera just hangs. If I don't use simpleStart, the battle (everything up to tutorial 23) persists as normal. I tried this fix that I found below:
Tutorial 23: Battle start events

Problem: In the first encounter, the camera would do the crazy zoom, but then be completely stuck and wouldn't reset to the battle view camera.

My workaround: In the simpleStart event, the wait node just after the change camera position node has a wait value of 0.5. Changing this value to 1 corrects the issue and the camera now does what it's supposed to.
However, the problem still persists. If I haven't provided enough information, please let me know. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the effort on my behalf.
  • There's currently a bug when not fading the camera in Change Camera Position steps. Will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the quick response! I appreciate it.