edited November 2015 in ORK Support
Hi,

I would like to categorize my combatants/enemies in my game. (Like the feature which is provided for Items --> "Item Types" or Ability --> "Ability Types"

Let's say I have a Combatant "Ice Dragon"

I would like to define the type to "Dragon", and maybe also "Dragon" is a subtype of "Flying Creature" and so on.

I need this, because I am trying to script an spawning algorithm for my Creatures and there I want something like:

If "mountain" then "spawn Dragon(s) randomly there".

But maybe there is another easy way which I can't see to solve this problem.

Many thanks,

Dominik.

Post edited by widnig89 on
  • I think the e.g. Race in the tutorials in Defense Attributes is the thing you provide for this.

But here we can only say "Ice Dragon" Combatant is Race: Dragon.

I would like to have a more path/tree based approach. e.g.

Ice-Dragon is of type Ice and Dragon, and Ice is of type Elemental, as Dragon is of type Flying creature.

But I guess I have to implement this by my own?
  • Sorry for commenting my own stuff here, but after brainstorming new ideas are coming all the time. :)

A quick solution would be defining an set of "Races" (Race 0, Race 1, Race 2,...)

and each of them has the same defined subattributes.
    Then I could say:
    Race0: Ice
    Race1: Dragon
    Race2: Elemental Creature
    Race3: Flying Creature
    Race4: Nothing

But this approach is very error-prone if we have a deep tree.
  • That's currently not possible, but you could use Defence Attributes for that.
    Add a defence attribute Race with the different races as sub-attributes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Type tree was implemented in ork 2.5.7 i think. Thank you.