edited February 2014 in ORK Support
Release: ORK Framework 2.0.3 included the following feature:
Editor
Updating events when saving or scanning for game variables in events can optionally only scan within a defind folder in the ‘Assets’ path.
This doesn't seem to be a used by any Steps related to Game Variables, so I am unclear on it's utility. Can someone explain this feature and why it would be useful?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited February 2014
    Scanning in a defined folder when updating events (i.e. when saving changes) or searching for new game variables (in the variables tab) is there to let you only search in a specific folder (and it's sub-folders) for event assets.

A customer requested this, as he had a rather large project (around 40 gb) and scanning the whole project kinda froze/crashed Unity :)

So, basically implemented for performance reasons when handling with larger projects. It's quicker to search a small folder only containing events instead of a large project with thousands of assets ...
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for that explanation! I misunderstood and thought it was a Step feature.

I just tried it out in Editor:Game Variables:Event Variables. I was able to scan a subfolder of Events and get the results. Very handy.