edited February 2014 in ORK Support
I working on real time battles with Damage Dealers and player's attack linked to a shortcut.
I've noticed there's a (random) delay between the key pressed and the activation of the ability.

Anyone else noticed this problem?
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • How much delay do you have?
    Usually, the action will be fired when the input is received (which depends on your input key settings - there can already be a set up delay with the timeouts). Now, once the action is fired, it can take some time until it will be executed, based on the state of the battle and the combatant.

E.g. when the player is already performing something (e.g. a previous choice, an auto attack, ...), the player needs to move toward the target first, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • >> How much delay do you have?

Totally random. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes it takes up to 1 second.

>> Usually, the action will be fired when the input is received (which depends on your input key settings - there can already be a set up delay with the timeouts)

Timeouts are set to zero for all my input keys.

>> Now, once the action is fired, it can take some time until it will be executed, based on the state of the battle and the combatant.
    >> E.g. when the player is already performing something (e.g. a previous choice, an auto attack, ...), the player needs to move toward the target first, etc.

Thank you, I'm going to investigate later - I'm on the problem since several hours, so I think I need to focus on something else before it drives me crazy :)
  • The lag has almost disappeared after reducing the wait time of some abilities. It's now acceptable for my project.

Thank you Nicholas! :)