edited August 2015 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.5.2 is here - see the release notes for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next update for ORK Framework will be out this week, probably Thurstday of Friday.
We'll have a broad range of updates, e.g.:
  • Menu Settings: Use Cost Display
    New text codes available to display the current value (%c) and maximum value (%m) of a status value.
  • Animation Types
    The new Action Choose Idle animation type will be used when a combatant is choosing the next action.
    E.g. while the player selects a combatant's action in the battle menu.
    By default set to animation type ID 0 (which is usually the Idle animation type).
  • Animations: Mecanim
    The new Auto Rotation Parameters settings (similar to the auto move speed settings) can be used to set the X, Y or Z rotation of the combatant into a float or int parameter of the animator.
    You can either use the full degree (0-360) of the rotation or use a 4-directional (0-3) or 8-directional (0-7) representation of the rotation. This should be useful if you're doing a top-down 2D RPG :)
  • Ability Trees
    You can now also learn new ability levels through ability trees instead of just learning a new ability.
  • Shops, Menu Screens
    The new Block Control Maps option will block the control maps while a shop/menu screen is opened.
  • Game Events, Battle Events, Battle Start/End Events, Phase Change Events
    The new Block Control Maps option will block the contorl maps while the event is executing.
    Battle events and phase change events now also have Block Move AI options to block the move AI (completely or for actors) during the event.
  • Event System: Object Selections
    You can now also use Global Objects instead of Found Objects.
    Global objects are available for all events at all times, unlike found objects, which are only available in the event found/added them.
  • Event System: Object Selections
    You can now use Object Keys (string value) to have multiple game object lists in global/found objects.
  • Event System: Base Steps
    Global Object and Object Key options are available in Search Objects and Raycast Object steps.
  • Event System: Base Steps
    The new Found Objects Count will check the number of game objects in a found objects or global objects list.
  • Event System: Function Steps
    The new Check Object Name step checks the name/tag of a game object.
  • Event System: Equipment Steps
    The new From Inventory option in Change Equipment steps optionally uses weapons/armors from the equipment instead of adding a new equipment.
    If the weapon/armor isn't found in the inventory, nothing will be equipped.
  • Event System: Battle Steps
    The new Block Control Maps step will block or unblock control maps.
    Combatants can't use control maps while they're blocked.
  • Quests, Quest Tasks: Rewards
    Quests and quest tasks can now give Normal status value rewards.
    Those rewards will give permanent bonuses to Normal type status values (e.g. increase MaxHP).
  • Shop Layouts
    The description box can now be hidden for each individual part of a shop layout.
    E.g. you can now prevent descriptions from being displayed in the buy/sell choice.
  • Shop Layouts
    You can now prevent background images from being displayed in the buy/sell choice.
  • Combatants: Status Settings
    Combatants can now give Normal status value rewards (like experience rewards) upon being defeated.
    Those rewards will give permanent bonuses to the player combatant's Normal type status values when received as victory gains.
    Experience rewards now have an optional Reward Chance to determine if the experience reward will be given.
  • Move AI: Enemy Detection
    The new Detect On Damage setting will detect combatants that damage the move AI combatant as targets.
  • Battle End
    The new Normal Status Value Rewards settings handle if those rewards are split between the group members or if dead members receive them.
  • Battle End
    New text settings for displaying Normal status value rewards in the battle gains dialogue.
  • Battle AI
    The new None target selection allows checking no combatant in the condition/check steps.
    Use this selection if you only want to check the already found targets.
  • Battle AI: Position Steps
    The new Check Move AI Detection step will use combatants as targets that are detected by the user's move AI detection.
    The new Check Move AI Hunting step will use combatants as targets that are valid targets due to the user's move AI hunting conditions.
    The new Check Move AI Flee step will use combatants as targets that are valid targets due to the user's move AI flee conditions.
    The new Check Move AI Target step will use a combatant as target that is the current target of the user's move AI.
    The new Add Normal SV Reward step will add a Normal status value reward to the battle gains.
  • Event System: Move AI Steps
    The new Set Move AI Target step will set a game object to be the target of a combatant's move AI.
    The move AI steps are now combined in their own sub-menu 'Move AI Steps'.
    The new Stop Move AI step will stop the current action of a combatant's move AI.
    The move AI's settings will kick in afterwards, e.g. following waypoints.
    The new Check Move AI Detection step will check if combatants are detected by another combatant's move AI.
    The new Check Move AI Hunting step will check if combatants are valid hunting targets for another combatant's move AI hunting conditions.
    The new Check Move AI Flee step will check if combatants are valid flee targets for another combatant's move AI flee conditions.
    The new Check Move AI Target step will check if a combatant is the current target of another combatant's move AI.
  • Equipment Parts
    The new Allow Unequip option handles if an equipment part can be unequipped.
    If disabled, the part can only change equipment, but not be unequipped (i.e. get empty). It can only get empty again if it's been blocked by another part (using block parts) and that part gets unequipped.
    You can use this to e.g. prevent players from having no weapon equipped.
    By default enabled (i.e. allows unequipping).
  • GUI Boxes: Move In/Out
    The new Relative Move option in the Move In and Move Out settings makes the start/end position relative to the bounds defined in the content box.
    I.e. instead of absolute positions, the X/Y position is relative to the defined position of the box. This should make things easier for nice move animations :)
    You can now optionally use Animation Curves for scaling in the move in/out settings.
    Using curves instead of interpolation can be used for nice stuff like pulsating animations.
  • Item Collectors
    You can now use Loot (defined in Combatants > Loot) to fill Box item collectors.
    The player combatant is used for level and variable conditions of the loot tables.
  • Add Combatant Component
    The Add Combatant Component can now also use a defined or nearby game object with a Battle component for the battle (like Combatant Spawners)
  • Inventory Settings, Items, Weapons, Armors
    The Auto Stack options have been replaced with the new Add Type selection.
    Items, weapons and armors can now either be added as is (i.e. as new items with their defined quantity), automatically stacked (i.e. equal items will be grouped together) or automatcially split (i.e. each item will be added as a single item, quantity 1).
    The override options in items/weapons/armors have also been replaced to override the default add type.
  • GUI Boxes
    You can now optionally use Animation Curves for moving the GUI box in/out.
    This allows doing more complex movement operations e.g. bouncing.
  • GUI Boxes
    The Fade In/Out and Move In/Out settings have been rearranged into Open Box Behaviour and Close Box Behaviour settings.
    Moving in/out and scaling in/out is now separated, i.e. you can scale the box without moving it.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • The new Animation Type is extremely useful!
  • ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Global objects is a much welcomed addition! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @artainx
    Yes, fix will be in this update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

• :D
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Next load of new featuers:
    • Quests, Quest Tasks: Rewards
      Quests and quest tasks can now give Normal status value rewards.
      Those rewards will give permanent bonuses to Normal type status values (e.g. increase MaxHP).
    • Shop Layouts
      The description box can now be hidden for each individual part of a shop layout.
      E.g. you can now prevent descriptions from being displayed in the buy/sell choice.
    • Shop Layouts
      You can now prevent background images from being displayed in the buy/sell choice.
      Combatants can now give Normal status value rewards (like experience rewards) upon being defeated.
      Those rewards will give permanent bonuses to the player combatant's Normal type status values when received as victory gains.
      Experience rewards now have an optional Reward Chance to determine if the experience reward will be given.
    • Move AI: Enemy Detection
      The new Detect On Damage setting will detect combatants that damage the move AI combatant as targets.
    • Battle End
      The new Normal Status Value Rewards settings handle if those rewards are split between the group members or if dead members receive them.
    • Battle End
      New text settings for displaying Normal status value rewards in the battle gains dialogue.
    • Battle AI
      The new None target selection allows checking no combatant in the condition/check steps.
      Use this selection if you only want to check the already found targets.
      The new Check Move AI Detection step will use combatants as targets that are detected by the user's move AI detection.
      The new Check Move AI Hunting step will use combatants as targets that are valid targets due to the user's move AI hunting conditions.
      The new Check Move AI Flee step will use combatants as targets that are valid targets due to the user's move AI flee conditions.
      The new Check Move AI Target step will use a combatant as target that is the current target of the user's move AI.
      The new Add Normal SV Reward step will add a Normal status value reward to the battle gains.
      The new Set Move AI Target step will set a game object to be the target of a combatant's move AI.
      The move AI steps are now combined in their own sub-menu 'Move AI Steps'.
      The new Stop Move AI step will stop the current action of a combatant's move AI.
      The move AI's settings will kick in afterwards, e.g. following waypoints.
      The new Check Move AI Detection step will check if combatants are detected by another combatant's move AI.
      The new Check Move AI Hunting step will check if combatants are valid hunting targets for another combatant's move AI hunting conditions.
      The new Check Move AI Flee step will check if combatants are valid flee targets for another combatant's move AI flee conditions.
      The new Check Move AI Target step will check if a combatant is the current target of another combatant's move AI.
  • Amazing! Any chance to use Loot Tables in Item Collectors? :)
  • Is the bug you found and fixed regarding dragable windows in this build GIL?
  • edited August 2015
    And another batch of features - getting quite long already!
    • Equipment Parts
      The new Allow Unequip option handles if an equipment part can be unequipped.
      If disabled, the part can only change equipment, but not be unequipped (i.e. get empty). It can only get empty again if it's been blocked by another part (using block parts) and that part gets unequipped.
      You can use this to e.g. prevent players from having no weapon equipped.
      By default enabled (i.e. allows unequipping).
      The new Relative Move option in the Move In and Move Out settings makes the start/end position relative to the bounds defined in the content box.
      I.e. instead of absolute positions, the X/Y position is relative to the defined position of the box. This should make things easier for nice move animations :)
      You can now optionally use Animation Curves for scaling in the move in/out settings.
      Using curves instead of interpolation can be used for nice stuff like pulsating animations.
    • Item Collectors
      You can now use Loot (defined in Combatants > Loot) to fill Box item collectors.
      The player combatant is used for level and variable conditions of the loot tables.
    • Add Combatant Component
      The Add Combatant Component can now also use a defined or nearby game object with a Battle component for the battle (like Combatant Spawners)
    • Inventory Settings, Items, Weapons, Armors
      The Auto Stack options have been replaced with the new Add Type selection.
      Items, weapons and armors can now either be added as is (i.e. as new items with their defined quantity), automatically stacked (i.e. equal items will be grouped together) or automatcially split (i.e. each item will be added as a single item, quantity 1).
      The override options in items/weapons/armors have also been replaced to override the default add type.

@PoDM
    There you go :)

@thrilled
    Yes, that's in - bugfixes aren't mentioned in the new version announcements.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Amazing!
  • The new loot-capable item collectors just made me slurp my coffee in pure joy.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Massive massive additions! :)
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • Small addition to the GUI box stuff:
    • GUI Boxes
      You can now optionally use Animation Curves for moving the GUI box in/out.
      This allows doing more complex movement operations e.g. bouncing.
    • GUI Boxes
      The Fade In/Out and Move In/Out settings have been rearranged into Open Box Behaviour and Close Box Behaviour settings.
      Moving in/out and scaling in/out is now separated, i.e. you can scale the box without moving it.
  • Aaah, those are great additions! :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames