Hi all,
I had requested that the Third Person Controller from Opsive's be integrated to Ork and now its been done. Just wanted to let you know if you wanted to take your Ork projects further with awesomeness. Hopefully GIL can get more customers from this as well
  • That's great news for me too! Gonna implement it now.
    Is GiL or Opsive responsible for the integration?
  • Opsive is. I asked them back in early June. Lemme know how your integration goes, and I'll do the same. I was busy the past few days but finally I got a chance so I'm about to try right now ;)
  • gimme said: Lemme know how your integration goes, and I'll do the same.
    Thanks, will do, but leaving for a holiday tomorrow. Will get back to you afterwards.
  • Cool man no prob. So far I got mine moving around the scene fine. Enjoy your holiday
  • Hi, considering getting this myself, just wondering if people had any issues down the track in terms of the integration, e.g. stuff to do with their AI, or did you just use it for your player?
  • I decided to give a try to what opsive TPC can offer and I will rather say is a partial integration, the character moves well in field but it completely fails in provide integration for the battle system animations which leaves me again to zero and having to relay in custom code. So for me opsive TPC is a no go.
  • Do you know if they have any plans to do anything about that? They do advertise they integrate with ORK.
  • GIL mentioned in another post that you can call events from Ork to Opsive's Behavior Designer if u wanna use that. It's the best AI tool for creating diverse trees
  • Has anyone tried Invector's third person controller. Any pros or cons?
  • @Catacomber, I tried Invector´s TPC in the past and it was like Opsive´s one, though it was not prepared to work with ORK out of the box. Now they have released a new version where the dependencies to a custom UI Canvas (to track HP...) were removed, and also they added this new Camera Style trigger (like Resident Evil) which I like. For the sake of sharing I will put an ORK Project to test it and give feedback.
    My first choice continues with Ootii´s Motion Controller and his Adventure Camera Rig.

As far I can tell all of them requires coding when coming to add new animations;
  • It would be great to get your feedback because I'm moving to third person. : )

I'll check out Ootii's. Thanks. For adding new animations--do you mean Mechanim or Legacy? I think "Motion Controller" might mean Mechanim?

I need a good third person controller that uses legacy animations.
  • Invector´s requires Mecanim since dependency in humanoid rig.
    Opsive´s new release let you set your character´s rig as Generic and Humanoid.
    Ootii´s MC uses Mecanim and Humanoid rig as well, but since the Actor Controller is featured to work with any type of character (Ball, spiders..) I guess it can use Generic rigs as well.

A workaround could be to change the rigs from legacy to generic and create a simple Mecanim with triggers to enter the animations (ORK works pretty well with this approach)

Unity is moving forward Mecanim and sooner or later Legacy will be dead, it is worth the time now to start learning it.

• edited January 2016
    I did get a book on Mecanim from some online source a few months ago. I guess I'd better look at it. Thanks.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited January 2016
    I tested Invector´s TCP with the3rdPersonController-Mobile scene (@Catacomber I know this what you are looking after ;)) and it works out of the box with ORK.
    This was a quick test where the player works fine in Field mode-real time battle.
    Both the camera and player are blocked accordingly after setting up the ORK Control settings.

Now, I did find my self struggling when setting up a custom character in the past, so I think I´ll give a second try.

@gimme forgive me to pollute your Opsive thread, we should start a new one with specific third party components
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • edited January 2016
    @RustedGames--would you like to start that thread? If not I will. Thanks for testing that on mobile. :D It looks like it's the third person controller for me.

@Gimme--also sorry for polluting your thread.
    Post edited by Catacomber on