Greetings,

Since the tutorial don't mention much about the auto save function due to it not being used there then I have some questions for your.

Here is the scenario... Since the idea behind my game is to make it really hardcore and unforgiving, then I plan to have 2 options. In one difficulty you will only have ONE Autosave. When you die then I want to delete those saves directly so you are not allowed to load game. Option 2 is a bit more tricky.. Here I would like the players to be able to load the game 3 times before the game files are deleted. I plan to this by adding a game variable or status value that gets added by 1 on the death event. Then I will have a status check to see if that value is equal to 3 then I will delete the save file.

So here are my questions for you:

1.) Can I modify on how often I can the auto save is made? Reason I am asking is that I want it to be regulary and often so that the players can trigger a combat just to find out ohhh shit I will die so I press Alt+F4 and then just uses the auto save to get out of the bad situation. I would like to see the auto save to be taken like every 10 secs or so if possible.

2.) Do you have a built in function in the events that can allow you to delete a save/autosave file?

Thanks for your help as usual GIL :)

/T
  • 1) When autosaving is happening is completely up to you, e.g. you can use global events to make an autosave whenever the scene is changed or in regular intervals like your 10 seconds.
    Keep in mind that saving can cost you resources, especially when the save games get large (due to many things to save, e.g. multiple group members, large inventory, etc.).

2) No. There's the Retry save game option to create a temporary save game, but that will be lost when the game is quit.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1.) Ok I will do some testings with this. So to do regular saves in intervals like the 10 secs I suggested, is that something I need to do by using a tickmachine in Makinom or does Ork have built in functions for that=

2.) Easy to implement a node for events that deletes all save files? That would help out alot.
  • 1) I'd recommend using an Auto global event.

2) We'll see.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!