Hi again...

Now the hotbar is up and running, but it isn't working as I want it currently... Ie if I am clickin on a icon in the hotbar then it makes a dragable icon where he wants me to put it on the target which the spell will effect. This I solved by editing the HUD shortcut element and choose autotarget. That makes it so I buff myself automatically (sweet!), however it also means that enemies get automatically target.. which is something I really don't want. I would like it to automatically try to cast all hotbars on yourself as default (this is decided on the abilities what target it can be used on.. ie a damage spell can't hit myself ofc since it's set on enemies only), if it can't be casted on myself then an individual target is needed.

I have individual target selected on the Shortcut element too.... this means that the enemy is possible to target with the indvidual targeting and I can sent my flamemissile against him, but all my buffspells isnt working since I am not "auto targeted" so then I get an icon that I need to drag to my character to be able to buff..

How do I solve this conveniently?

Thanks in advance!

/T
  • I also checked the abilities... to see if I could set auto target in the ability on those that was supposed to only be on myself. However Auto Target is not an option when you choose self as a target. Also that wouldn't solve the problem if it was set on allies, since how should the autotarget know if I want to cast on myself or an ally?
  • To summarize:

So I would like to have auto target on abilities that is self only... and on abilities that has ally as target I would like them to target myself first unless I have an individual target. And enemies should ALWAYS require individual target
  • Please start using shorter titles for your threads, not complete sentences :)

I'll look into more options for shortcut targeting.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sounds really good GIL!

Worth to mention though is that I'd would like to avoid setting the targeting on individual shortcuts, but would prefer to have the targeting settings on the ability and items instead. Otherwise it appears to me that it would be important to put the right ability on the right shortcut, hence if it was on abilities instead then it wouldn't matter in which shortcut slot you put them in... unless you have another idea with the same results ofc :)

Currently I have a fun issue.... I have two offensive abilities on slot 1 and slot 2.... if I click on them with my mouse then I can see the reuse timer starting (greying them out) but nothing happens (which is to be expected since I am not close to an enemy), however if I instead use the keyboard and press 1 or 2 then the game freezes so I have to click on stop playing.

This has something to do with the autotargeting... most likely because the auto target cannot find a target. Cause if I change Control Key 0 to enable "Need Targets" then the game isn't freezing when clicking keyboard 1 button, but still freezes on keyboard 2 button which doesnt have the "need target" setting enabled. It's also working if I am setting autotarget on the shortcut themself. Though only reason I have to use autotargeting is to get the buffs to automatically work on myself :p

So really looking forward to your changes regarding this!

Keep up the good work GIL!
  • Not having that issue here, I'll need a test project for that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!