Hi guys!
Daily tasks have softened the grip on me these days, so i started thinking about a new fun project to have some distractions... I would like to set up a simple 2D platform like Mario/Kirby with basic graphic and not so complex mechanics, so i am asking which framework could do better this job.
At first glance, maybe Makinom is better... however, i have been using ORK for about one year and a half, so, besides the experience, my mind is very ORK-oriented, i actually found many difficulties in following 2D Platform tutorial: i am used to have a spawned player, his sheet, defined enemies... The Makinom-way is totally intriguing, i loved to discover how much complex schematics can be, but it is really hard for me. So, do you think it would be worth learning Makinom, or considering that my spare-time project will be something basic, will Ork be enough?
Every opinion is precious. :)

Have a nice day. ^^
  • Why not both, using the connection plugin :D
    E.g. game controls would be hard to implement in ORK, unless you already have control scripts for that.

Also, Makinom can, like ORK, spawn the player for you. There are player prefab settings in the game settings and Spawn Player nodes like in ORK. The game tutorials for Makinom till now only used the conecpt of a player already added to the scene since they're based on the Unity tutorials that also did it like this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I thought about that actually. ^^

Controls in Makinom would be really nice: in 2D tutorial i was astonished by the simplicity to flip the player depending on directions... Also movement and physic i suppose would be far better.
    I suppose i have to learn Makinon before considering a dual-usage, so back to tutorials. :D

If i have other questions i will stress you next days, thanks!