Hello!

I am trying to understand how Makinom works... And the first problem for me is character control...

I had a look at 2D platformer + simple controls schematic available for download in tutorials section... But i am surely messing up with both of them. :D

If you could gently help me to set up a simple controller for a 2D object it would be wonderful.

Basically i have a sprite with 2D Collider + 2D Rigidbody (it will be animated later, i loved the way Makinom can handle animation cycle and directions!), and i would like the plaer be able to:
- move right/left (basic movement with fixed velocity - i tried with move and this one seems to work quite well)
- jump (i had many problems there: the character should go up and down at same speed, and i would like to set up a double jump - i got mad with variables, place on ground etc...)
- attack/use ability.
I didn't understand well the usage of Layers (that in ORK is missing) and if it is better to make a single-layer schematic for this basic controls or should be used multiple ones...

If GiL or anyone else could help i would appreciate it. :)
  • You'd pretty much do the same as in the 2D platformer player controls.

For double jump, you'd need to use an object variable to mark if the double jump occured and reset it when the game object is back on the ground (there should be a node for that, or like in the 2D platformer tutorial with using a Raycast or a Check Shape).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!