edited September 2015 in Makinom Support
'Morning!

When i try to import the plugin in 2D Roguelike tutorial project (the one with complete game, not made by myself but directly downloaded) Makinom editor is blocked and i get this two errors, one when importing the plugin and one when trying to open Makinom window.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'MakinomCore, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name, Mono.Cecil.ReaderParameters parameters) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.DefaultAssemblyResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyNameReference name) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataResolver.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Resolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.TypeReference.Resolve () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.Mixin.CheckedResolve (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference self) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeEnum (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference enum_type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElementValue (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeElement (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeFixedArgument (Mono.Cecil.TypeReference type) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.SignatureReader.ReadCustomAttributeConstructorArguments (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute attribute, Mono.Collections.Generic.Collection`1 parameters) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader.ReadCustomAttributeSignature (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute attribute) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.b__2 (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute attribute, Mono.Cecil.MetadataReader reader) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition.Read[CustomAttribute,CustomAttribute] (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute item, System.Func`3 read) [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.Resolve () [0x00000] in :0
at Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute.get_ConstructorArguments () [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.CustomAttribute customAttribute, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.FieldDefinition fieldDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.TypeDefinition typeDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.ModuleDefinition moduleDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in :0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in :0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in :0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor.Visit[AssemblyDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition node, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Context context) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.DoAccept[AssemblyDefinition] (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition definition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in :0
at Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Extensions.Accept (Mono.Cecil.AssemblyDefinition assemblyDefinition, Unity.Cecil.Visitor.Visitor visitor) [0x00000] in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Steps.AssemblyUpdaterStepBase.Apply (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00000] in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterPipeline.Run (AssemblyUpdater.Core.AssemblyUpdaterContext context) [0x00000] in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.CheckForObsoleteAPIUsage (AssemblyUpdater.Application.CommandLineSpec config) [0x00000] in :0
at AssemblyUpdater.Application.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0
UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterHelper:DoesAssemblyRequireUpgrade(String)
ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:371)
Makinom.Formulas.Nodes.FormulaNodeHelper.AddFromAssembly (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2& list)
Makinom.Formulas.Nodes.FormulaNodeHelper.GetNodes ()
Makinom.Editor.FormulasTab..ctor ()
Makinom.Editor.GameSection..ctor ()
Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
I tried even with a new 2D project, without the 2D roguelike, but i still get this errors... Did i do something wrong?

Thanks. :)

EDIT: i actually managed to import the plugin with no errors without other Assets except Makinom, i will see if i can tell you further details about this issue (in which cases i notice the error)
Post edited by Kaemalux on
  • EDIT2: I still get the error, the time i hadn't it it was because i loaded the wrong plugin (save compressions...). However this time, with both ORK and Makinom in the project and nothing else, i get first one but not the second, and i could actually load the plugin.
    Version of ORK 2.5.3, Makinom 1.0.4, Unity 5.1.1f.
  • When having ORK and Makinom imported in the project, importing the plugin should work. What Unity version are you using?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It should be last one, 5.1.1f. I imported Mak then Ork then plugin, is it right?
  • Try updating to the latest version of Makinom (1.1.1) and Unity 5.1.2.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Strange, my checking for update doesn't work properly, maybe it is the latency... Now i will test it again with latest version and i will let you know.

I would like to ask one thing without opening a new topic: i added a player combatant in ORK, which is the best way to spawn/activate it in Makinom? I am using 2D roguelike, should i spawn a spawner instead of the player, or should i activate the player somehow?

Thanks. :)
  • For enemies, just add the combatant with the Add Combatant component. The player needs to be added and spawned through ORK as usual, so you'd use the plugin to start an ORK event in Makinom.