edited March 2014 in ORK Support
Ok, so in the new 2.0.5 I am trying to set up my options menu. In this menu I want to set variables to the PlayerPrefs. I create a custom menu option, type in a field name, set value type to Player Prefs, enter the name of the key I want set in the registry in the Value field, and select the input type. But after loading the game, going in to the options menu and changing this variable, I check the proper place in the registry and the key does not exist (and yes I know where in the registry the player prefs gets saved to because I use it frequently in my own scripting).

Also, when in an event, if I call a variable check step and set it to check a player prefs key, it fails every time as if there was no key present even though the keys are there. Anybody else been able to get playerprefs to work?
  • Because that's not possible.

The value type Player Prefs means that the value will be taken from a PlayerPrefs, not that it's stored in one.

So, if you use a PlayerPrefs as the value type of the variable key, ORK will look for the key of the game variable in the defined PlayerPrefs.

If you want to store things in PlayerPrefs, you need to use the event nodes for that (found in the PlayerPrefs Steps.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!