edited March 2014 in General Discussion
I have these problems:

- Some battle animations not working: Some animations, like death, idle, move, don't work, but some, like attack, item, do work, this is kinda weird because all the animations have the same settings...

- Battle cameras: I can't properly set the battle cameras, I change the positions, rotations, but they change everytime I enter battle. I mean, I enter battle and the camera positions are A, I finish battle. I enter another battle and the camera positions are B.
They keep changing all the time. I need proper settings for this.

Thanks for your amazing support!

• I had similar problems. With the battle camera position, what I found seems to work best is to make sure that every game object with a battle event attached to is set to a rotation of 0,0,0. If one is set to 0,180,0 for example, then the camera will be on the exact opposite side of the arena. And with some battle animations not working, I found that similar things happened if the event attached to the ability had no calculate step and the ability didn't have the "needs calculation" option checked. In that case the player would attack, but the enemy would not respond to the attack with a damage animation. Easy thing to try is make sure the "needs calculation" option is checked in the ability's properties. May or may not be the cases, but just a few easy things that might help.
  • The camera positions depend on the Local Space setting.
    If a camera is set in local space, it'll change it's position in local space of the target object, i.e. it will always display the object from the same view (e.g. always from the right).
    A camera in global space (i.e. with Local Space disabled) will always display the target object from the same global view, e.g. it will always look at the object from the south.

With battle animations, like Ntelliware said - you either have to add a Calculate step (found in Battle Steps) to the used battle event, or enable Calculation Needed in the Event Settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Another thing to check- the animations themselves. I was having issues with things like idle and run, and it turned out they weren't set to 'loop'. I also played around with the default layer settings to give some animations extremely high priority over others.

I'm still relatively new to this, so my advice might just be 'well, duh', but it's out there now :p
    // www.newrealitygames.co.uk \\
  • Some days have passed and I can't just figure it out, I'm going to send you my ORK project and when you are not busy please take it a look ^^

I will focus on other development subjects meanwhile.
  • So, there are multiple problems:

1. You either need to set the combatant's Box Radius, or use the Secure Move option in the Change Position step, otherwise the combatant tries to move to a position he can't reach, because the target is blocking the way and the event doesn't continue.

2. The runtotarget battle event as Calculation Needed enabled in the Event Settings, leading to doing damage after running to the target and not in the attack event.

3. In the simplestart battle start event, the first Fade Screen step needs to have Wait enabled (or increase the wait step's time before the 2nd camera change. The first camera change is still fading while you do the 2nd camera change because it takes 1 second and there is only a wait time of 0.6 seconds in total between them.

Death and other events are working when you set them up on your combatants (e.g. the enemy didn't have them set up) - once I added them, they're working fine :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks! It seems a little better but some animations aren't working (idle, move, death). The good thing is I think I've found the problem. I think the problem is caused by the character and camera controller (custom) which when I enter battle, they're block but not disabled.

I'm closer to fixing this but I need to know how to disable 100% these controllers to see if I was right.

If I wasn't, then the solution you provided me isn't working, and I'll have to keep trying...
    Post edited by xIvan95 on
  • If you've added them to the player/camera controls they'll get enabled/disabled when the controls are blocked, as long as they're found and descendants of MonoBehaviour.

To get idle and move animations to work, you'll either need to enable Use Auto Animation in the combatant's Animation Settings or use a custom animation controller.

When the death animation is enabled and added to the combatant (and enabled for the used battle system), it should work as expected - it did when I tested it with the tutorial resources.
    When you're using custom resources, you need to check if the death animation you set up (in Base/Control > Animations) are correct (e.g. name of the legacy animation).
    E.g. when there is no animation found, non will be played and the event will just continue with the next step without waiting - probably looking like death isn't executed at all ...