edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I know I'm missing some ultra easy steps, but right now I can't think of what it is.
For my death animation to play when the enemy die, I went into the Battle Event and create a simple event.

Start Event --Combatant Animation(play the death animation).

I then enable the Animate Death and put my death battle event there. This doesn't seem to work. The enemy still disappear instead of playing the death animation first.

And the damage animation of when the enemy is hit, I have no clue on how to do it. I went through the tutorial thoroughly but I still don't know how. I only know that I have to add the animation to the animation list. That's all I got so far.

Any help on this super easy thing will be appreciate!

(Edit: Solved)
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Did you enable the Wait setting in the animation step of your death event?
    Also, when using Mecanim animations, waiting isn't supported, so you'll need to add a Wait step afterwards.

The damage animation should be played automatically, if you have Animate Target enabled in the Calculate step (which it is by default).
    Maybe a different animation on a higher layer is currently playing on the combatant, preventing the damage animation from being played.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    Ah, solved the death animation. It was just like you said. Super easy. Thanks!

And I still can't figure out the damage animation. (Note, I'm looking at tutorial 20) and it doesn't mention anything about creating a new battle event and adding a calculate step. On which battle event should I add the calculate step and where should I add battle event to? I don't see a place to put it to, unlike the death animation event I created (which is where I put it inside the Animate Death/ Death Battle Event.
    At the end of tutorial 20, it said whenever a combatant take damage, they'll now play the animation. I follow exactly as it is, put the damage layer to 1 as like in the tutorial. (I'm using real time)

Edit: I kind of got the damage animation to work. But I didn't use the calculate step though.
    The problem is that when I hit an enemy and it does the damage animation, it will do the animation and come towards me at the same time. I already try to change the layer to higher and lower, but that have no effect.
  • Well, the Calculate step comes later when you're using battle events to animate your actions.

Are you using the tutorial resources or your own?
    I'll need to see your ORK project file (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset) to find out what's going on - please send it to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I read the Calculate step info and it said don't use this step if I want to use Damage Dealer and Damage Zone components to handle a battle action. That means that I don't have to use the Calculate step for Real time battle, right?

I'm using my own resources. I've send you the ORKProject.asset file. Thanks =)
  • No, in that case you don't have to use it. But this also depends on how you want to set things up :)

E.g. you can use damage dealers/zones for physical attacks with weapons and still use Calculate for magic spells.

I'll take a look at your project, but since you're using your own resources, make sure you set up your damage animation correctly in Base/Control > Animations (e.g. name of the legacy animation).
  • Thanks for the tips. I'm just curious about something. What is the ORKProject.asset file for? Since I look at the file size and it's barely 238kb.

And I received the email. Thanks for looking at my project. So the damage animation won't block the player movement? If the enemy is running towards me and I damage it with long range attack, this can cause the enemy to "slide" when playing the damage animation. Do you have any tip on how to blend the run and damage animation so when it's doing damage, it won't look like it's sliding?
  • ORKProject is all of your ORK data that aren't events. (Inventory, Abilities, GUI, etc.)
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • @Shadow_Fire
    The ORKProject.asset stores all settings you've made in the ORK Framework editor, excluding events (as they're separate files). It also keeps links to all used assets (e.g. events, prefabs, audio clips, etc.) - so, it's rather small, because it's basically just settings put into text :)

To prevent the enemy from sliding/moving when receiving damage, you could use a status effect that has Stop Movement enabled and only lasts for a second (or two) and add the effect to the abilities.
  • edited March 2014
    Ahh, thanks Kirby and GiL for the info. I see now.

And GiL, I did as you said and it worked, but the status effect don't work 100% of the time. On the Calculate Hit Chance box, I disable it, because it said if it is disable, it should work 100% of the time, but when I damage the enemy, it worked, but rarely (more like 5% instead). What step am I missing?
  • Status effects are only applied if the ability also hit the target.
    Also, it could be that the effect is applied, but the target is already on the move and wont stop instantly ... e.g. when he's already in action that wont stop his move steps.
  • Ah that's true.
    But I think the effect was not applied all the time even when I hit an enemy. I name my status effect Stop Movement, and I added a spawn prefab (blood) to my effect. When I damage the enemy, the only time the enemy will stop it's movement and spawn the prefab (blood) on the enemy was when the Stop Movement notification pop out. If it was suppose to be applied 100% of the time, doesn't that mean that whenever I damage an enemy, the Stop Movement notification will show up? Or am I just completely wrong? XD
  • Yes, the notification should pop up when the effect hit.
    When will your effect end (time, turn)?
  • My effect will end in Time with a End After Time value of 1 with End On Death enable.
  • It's happening for me every time when an ability that applies the effect hit's the target ... please send me your ORK project file (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset).
  • Okay, I've send it.