Hello,

I've been following the survival shooter 02 tutorial and Im on at the end but when I click play the camera does not follow the player and was wondering if anyone else had experienced this and what can I look at or change to see what I did wrong.

The Camera should be using the smooth follow to follow the player but the camera never moves (its position is at X:1,Y:15,Z:"-22" prior to start, Once the play button is clicked the camera goes to X:1, Y:15, Z:22 and stays there).

I love these tutorials as well keep up the excellent work.

Sincerely,
Michael
  • edited September 2015
    Make sure you follow the tutorial exactly, i.e. add the Tick Machine with the camera schematic to the camera, and make sure you're using the correct objects in the schematic (i.e. the machine object as moving object and the player as follow object).

Also, make sure you've got the set player schematic added to the player with an auto machine.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2015
    Thank you gamingislove, I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks to gamingislove its working!:

I clicked on Player (in the hierarchy) then went to Component > Makinom > Machines > Auto Machine and added that to the player game object. In the Auto Machine Component under Start Settings I clicked "enable".

Then under Machine Execution Settings I set Asset Type to "Schematic" and Schematic Asset to "Finished SetPlayer", Execution type to "single" and Update Type to "Update".

Now the camera moves.
    Post edited by kodagames on
  • edited September 2015
    Also note the SmoothFollow Camera needs to be set to -22 in the Z value (I didn't see the (-)). Problem solved!

Do you know how I would set up WSAD keys instead or arrow keys? Maybe I'll post a new thread for this question.

Sincerely,
    Michael
    Post edited by kodagames on
  • Change the Horizontal and Vertical input keys in Base/Control > Input Keys in the Makinom editor.
    Set their Input Origin to Key Code, select W (positive key) and S (negative key) for vertical, and D (positive) and A (negative) for horizontal.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!