edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I want to make my character fire an ability and play a corresponding animation in real time battle when I press space bar. This is my setting

Input button-->Space
Control map-->Space button relate to a specified ability
Ability-->an ability relate to a battle event
Battle event-->a event just play a specified animation

I suppose it will work but in vain. I have gone through the tutorial but still can not figure out how to fire an ability in real time battle. I have stucked here about 2 days. Do I miss some key points?

Hope someone could kindly help.

Kazuya
  • Does your combatant actually know the ability that it is attempting to use?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Hi Kirb
    Thanks for reply.
    Well, I am not sure. I am a quite newbie in ORK. I even don't know which attachment should be given when post a support request.
    How do I confirm my combatant actually knows the ability that it is attempting to use?

Kazuya
  • There can be multiple things preventing using the action:

- Is the control map set up to work in Real Time battles?
    That's set up in the Control Map Settings under Useable In.

- Did you add any requirements to the control map or the individual control key?

- Does the combatant know the ability?
    If the combatant didn't learn the ability due to it's settings (Ability Development in your combatant's settings), through the event system or an item, or gains it through an equipment, the combatant can't use it because he doesn't know it.

- Can your combatant use the ability?
    E.g. use requirements for the ability, not enough MP, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!