Greetings,

I'm trying to work out the best way to copy / share the ORK project with another team member. The Load Other Project really got me to thinking about the best process for doing this and was hoping for some guidance :)

The following would always be true:

1.) We would NOT be working with ORK at the same time.

2.) We have identical Unity projects.

3.) We would update the projects with any ORK Events and other project assets that were created during the time the particular team member was working with ORK.

So some questions arose from our discussion: A.) Would it be beneficial to have two differently named ORK Projects, one for each of us? E.g. ORKProjectBob, ORKProjectGeorge. B.) And if so, what would be the best way to copy and name the current ORKProject file to different names? C.) Would we export the ORKProjectFileName from one team member to the other and then Load the project via ORK?

I guess I'm looking for the best way to update the ORKProject file from one project to the other.

The reason for this is I'm doing world related events etc. such as movable objects, function related events that call scripts and such. The other team member is doing things like quest entry, item creation, combatant creation and so on.

Any guidance in this regard would be very helpful :)

Thanks!
  • Having 2 different ORK project assets doesn't bring you any benefit, so you can stick to using the same project. Using 2 would allow you to both work on the ORK project, but you can't merge them together, so they'll stay 2 separate projects.

When one of you changes something that involves changes to the data lists (i.e. adding, removing or moving data, e.g. a combatant, an item or a sub-attribute of an attack or defence attribute) can require an update to all event assets, scenes and prefabs (through using the data in components). Naturally, only those things that use the changed data will need to be updated :)
    Theoretically you can work with things like GIT to push your changes to your other team members, but you can't merge the ORK project.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!