edited October 2015 in Announcements
Makinom 1.2.1 is here: release notes

Please note that this update moves the Movie Texture nodes into a separate plugin (due to no support for movie textures on iOS). Download the new plugin here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next update for Makinom will be out soon, probably end of this week :)

There's a big new feature coming to Makinom:

Input IDs
In short, you'll be able to add multiple input settings to an input key, each assigned with an input ID. E.g. a Fire key uses Enter for input ID 0, while input ID 1 uses Space.
Now, you'll have a global input ID that defines which input is used - but this can be overridden for each machine. I.e. based on which input ID is used by a machine, the same input keys can react to different inputs, without having to change the schematic, just using a different input ID in the machine.

You might already have guessed where this is heading - support for local multiplayer (e.g. using joystick 1 and joystick 2) and control styles (different input mappings).
For local multiplayers, just override the used input ID in the machin components for the different players (e.g. on the prefabs). For control styles, just change the global input ID.

Other stuff:
  • String Fields
    You can now use the Name or Tag of a game object as string values.
  • Float Fields
    There are some new Math Function selections for float fields.
    The Direction 360 function translates the value into an angle (0-360), e.g. 480 will become 120.
    The Direction 4 function translates the value into a 4-directional value (0-3), e.g. 180 will become 2.
    The Direction 8 function translates the value into an 8-directional value (0-7), e.g. 180 will become 4.
  • Those should be helpful when dealing with angles and directions, e.g. for classic 2D 4/8-directional movement.
  • Schematic Nodes: Change Found Objects
    The new Change Found Objects node allows changing a found/global objects list with a defined game object.
    E.g. add the machine object the user clicked on (e.g. interaction machine with Mouse Down start type) to a list of selected game objects.
  • Schematic Nodes: Sort Variable List
    The new Random sort type allows randomly sorting variable lists.
  • Schematic Nodes: Variable List Contains
    The new Variable List Contains node checks if variable lists contain defined values.
    Float, Vector3 and axis Vector3 will check for approximate values (i.e. if the value is really close, like 0.000001 difference).
  • Schematic Nodes: Unload Scene
    The new Unload Scene node unloads all game objects associated with a defined scene name.
  • Schematic Nodes: Unload Unused Assets
    The new Unload Unused Assets node unloads assets that are not used.
  • Schematic Nodes: Stop Machine Component
    The new All setting will optionally stop all machine components in the scene.
  • Schematic Nodes: Stop Tagged Machine
    The new Stop Tagged Machine node stops tagged machines on a game object that match the defined tags.
  • Schematic Nodes: Search Tagged Machine
    The new Search Tagged Machine node searches for game objects with tagged machine components that match the defined tags.
    The found game objects are used to change found/global object lists.
  • Editor Settings
    The new Highlight Value Fields setting will highlight advanced value fields consisting of multiple fields/selections to mark which fields belong together. This is used by string, bool, float and Vector3 value fields that allow using different value origins (e.g. variables).
    By default enabled.
  • Vector3 Fields
    The new Gravity 3D and Gravity 2D value type selections will use the 3D/2D physics gravity as value.
  • Find Objects Settings
    You can now use advanced range settings for finding objects.
    Optionally search for objects In Range or Out Of Range, as well as use advanced float fields for the range definition (i.e. also allows using formulas, variables, etc.).
  • Find Objects Settings
    You can now search of game objects by name/tag using advanced comparisons.
    Instead of just checking for equal name/tag, you can now also check for starts/ends with or contains the defined text.
    E.g. if you have multiple cubes in the scene (named Cube 1, Cube 2, ...), you can search for all objects that start with Cube to find them all.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Looking good!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Also coming:
    • Editor Settings
      The new Highlight Value Fields setting will highlight advanced value fields consisting of multiple fields/selections to mark which fields belong together. This is used by string, bool, float and Vector3 value fields that allow using different value origins (e.g. variables).
      By default enabled.
    • Vector3 Fields
      The new Gravity 3D and Gravity 2D value type selections will use the 3D/2D physics gravity as value.
    • Find Objects Settings
      You can now use advanced range settings for finding objects.
      Optionally search for objects In Range or Out Of Range, as well as use advanced float fields for the range definition (i.e. also allows using formulas, variables, etc.).
    • Find Objects Settings
      You can now search of game objects by name/tag using advanced comparisons.
      Instead of just checking for equal name/tag, you can now also check for starts/ends with or contains the defined text.
      E.g. if you have multiple cubes in the scene (named Cube 1, Cube 2, ...), you can search for all objects that start with Cube to find them all.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • There's a big new feature coming to Makinom:

Input IDs
    In short, you'll be able to add multiple input settings to an input key, each assigned with an input ID. E.g. a Fire key uses Enter for input ID 0, while input ID 1 uses Space.
    Now, you'll have a global input ID that defines which input is used - but this can be overridden for each machine. I.e. based on which input ID is used by a machine, the same input keys can react to different inputs, without having to change the schematic, just using a different input ID in the machine.

You might already have guessed where this is heading - support for local multiplayer (e.g. using joystick 1 and joystick 2) and control styles (different input mappings).
    For local multiplayers, just override the used input ID in the machin components for the different players (e.g. on the prefabs). For control styles, just change the global input ID.
  • Great! :)
    Advanced find objects settings is juicy!
  • Makinom 1.2.1 is here: release notes

Please note that this update moves the Movie Texture nodes into a separate plugin (due to no support for movie textures on iOS). Download the new plugin here.