Good afternoon, team!

I have a weapon which needs a rotation offset. Rather than rotating the Equipment Viewer to accommodate the weapon, I would prefer to have the Viewer and its parent have zero rotation, and then have the weapon rotation handled by the offset in the ORK Framework.

After some fiddling around, I find that this means that my weapon's rotation needs to be:

x: 320
y: 271
z: 270

However, when I put these values into the offset in the Inventory->Items->Weapons->Short Bow->Rotation Offset, and then save the changes, and then Preview Prefab for this weapon, I see that the weapon rotation is off, and is in fact set to:

x: 360 (off by 40)
y: 40 (off by 69)
z: 180 (off by 90)

When I try changing my offset rotation to (0,0,0), I get something very close, but not exact:

x: 0
y: 0
z: 1.5 (off by 1.5)

When I try changing my offset to just modify the x value (320, 0, 0), I got encouraged:

x: 320
y: 0
z: 1.5 (off by 1.5)

When I then tried changing my offset to modify the x and y rotation (320, 271, 0):

x: 360 (off by 40)
y: 40 (off by 69)
z: 0

I have confirmed that my prefab has no rotation built into it, but I'm not sure what to do next?

The reason for wanting to adjust the offset, rather than the equipment viewer, is because I cannot guarantee that the pivot point and default rotation of the weapon will always be exactly the same from weapon to weapon.

Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated!

-- chainsaw --
  • Will look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!