edited March 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

---------------------------------------------

New stuff in the next update:
  • Input Keys
    The new Key Combo input type allows using a sequence of input keys as input (e.g. 'A+A+B').
    Define a list of input keys and the time the player has to press the next button for each combo key - also allows adding input keys that should be ignored (i.e. not break a combo).
  • Value Inputs
    The value inputs used in game options and the value input dialogue can be edited using input keys. Previously they've only been editable with mouse/touch.
    Displaying the selected value input currently requires using the choice cursor.
  • Check Equipment Step
    The Check Equipment Step can now also check simply if a weapon or armor is equipped on an equipment part - without checking for a specific weapon/armor.
  • Alpha Mask Textures
    You'll be able to use alpha mask textures to hide parts of images.
    You can either use your own material with shader and mask texture assigned, or simply select a mask texture and use a built-in material/shader :)
    Can be used by most image settings (e.g. background images, portraits, HUDs, image event steps).
  • Add Force Rigidbody Step
    Add a force to 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
  • Position Force Rigidbody Step
    Add a force to a position, applying force/torque to 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
  • Add Torque Rigidbody Step
    Add torque to 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
  • Explosion Rigidbody Step
    Add an explosion effect force to 3D rigidbodies.
  • Stop Rigidbody Step
    Stops force/torque from event steps on 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
  • Menu Screens
    Menu screens can now remember the last selection made by the user.
  • GUI Boxes
    Moving in/out now supports scaling the GUI box - can be used for nice zoom or scroll effects :)
  • Combatant Exp Rewards
    You can now define experience rewards without using the actual status values of the combatant (in the Status Development settings.
    Up until now, the combatant's experience status values have been used for exp rewards, this can now be separated.
  • Random Battle Chance Option
    The option menus (main menu and menu screens) allow changing the Random Battle Chance. Changes the chance for random battles happening.
    Used as percent of the chance defind in 'Random Battle Areas' (plus bonuses). E.g. 100 % is the default chance, 0 % is no random battles, 200 % is double chance.
  • Control Maps
    When using Attack as a control key action, you can optionally select an Equipment Part to use for the attack. Uses the attack of a weapon equipped on the equipment part - of course this is only possible if a weapon is equipped and it has Override Attack enabled.
  • Battle Menus
    The new Equipment menu item type displays the combatant's equipment parts and allows changing the equipment.
More stuff as it's coming in :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh wow the Key Combo is so freaking cool
  • Key C-c-c-coooombo!??? XD Hell yeah!
  • edited March 2014
    Will definitely be putting the key combo to use. :D
    And thank you for adding key support for the options.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • About the Key Combo, will we be able to perform abilities for each single button input, or will it only be a single ability after a sequence of commands?

For example, if the command is "A+B+A" can I have an ability perform for each button pressed?
  • Lovin' the key combos!
  • edited March 2014
    If you're loving the key combos, than you'll love the new
    • Alpha Mask Textures
      You'll be able to use alpha mask textures to hide parts of images.
      You can either use your own material with shader and mask texture assigned, or simply select a mask texture and use a built-in material/shader :)
      Can be used by most image settings (e.g. background images, portraits, HUDs, image event steps).

@Griffin
    No, the key combos will only fire the input/action after the full combo has been finished.
    Making ability combos is already possible by simply assigning each ability on one key. And if you want ability X to be only useable after ability Y, you just have to set this up in the ability's Requirements :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Rigidbody Steps are coming:
    • Add Force Rigidbody Step
      Add a force to 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
    • Position Force Rigidbody Step
      Add a force to a position, applying force/torque to 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
    • Add Torque Rigidbody Step
      Add torque to 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
    • Explosion Rigidbody Step
      Add an explosion effect force to 3D rigidbodies.
    • Stop Rigidbody Step
      Stops force/torque from event steps on 2D or 3D rigidbodies.
  • You are correct GiL, I am loving that Alpha Mask. :D
    Those rigidbody steps are super handy as well!
  • edited March 2014
    Additional cool new stuff:
    • Menu Screens
      Menu screens can now remember the last selection made by the user.
    • GUI Boxes
      Moving in/out now supports scaling the GUI box - can be used for nice zoom or scroll effects :)
    • Combatant Exp Rewards
      You can now define experience rewards without using the actual status values of the combatant (in the Status Development settings.
      Up until now, the combatant's experience status values have been used for exp rewards, this can now be separated.
    • Random Battle Chance Option
      The option menus (main menu and menu screens) allow changing the Random Battle Chance. Changes the chance for random battles happening.
      Used as percent of the chance defind in 'Random Battle Areas' (plus bonuses). E.g. 100 % is the default chance, 0 % is no random battles, 200 % is double chance.
    Release within the next few days!
  • Nice! Bravely Default had Random Encounters good.
  • Currently playing and loving it :)
  • edited March 2014
    Hah, I saw that random encounters feature and immediately thought Bravely Default as well. Legend of Dragoon for the PSX also had a novel way of dealing with random encounters; basically just a gauge that would fill up until you got into a battle, and you could use items to lower the gauge. Pretty neat. GUI scaling is a nice touch!

Any chance of the Control Map 'Attack with' > 'Equipment Part' feature coming in this update, GiL? Trying to see if I can work around it temporarily via really convoluted global events, but it's getting increasingly difficult. :(
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • And while we're at it:
    • Abilities, Items
      Abilities and items can change the Random Battle Factor for a defined amount of time. The default random battle factor is defined in the battle settings and can be influenced by player group member bonuses (e.g. equipment, status effect).
      While the factor is changed by an ability or item, the bonuses are ignored. The factor is set in percent, e.g. 50 means half chance (50 %), 0 prevents random battles.

@Kirb
    Send me an email with some more details on what should happen in the background when using a selected equipment part for attacks/abilities (contact@orkframework.com).
    I don't see it coming in this update, it'd require a rather big change in the system ...
  • Sure thing, just tossed you an email now.
  • Bravely Default gave me the biggest confidence boost about what I'm aiming to do with gameplay. I wasn't planning to have random encounters, though, but they could be more enticing now in 2.0.6... I'll at least give them a shot. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin