So I have unity 5.1.2 and Ork 2.5.3 and I followed the tutorial to the letter (twice now) and the main menu doesn't show up for me when I hit play. I created a new unity project and then imported Ork and immediately started working on the "Setting up the Project" Tutorial on your site. As I said I have redone the tutorial twice now with the same results. Anyone have any idea why its not working?
  • edited October 2015
    I'm a little confused here---your Main Menu should include "Play" as a button choice.

Do you have a page showing up that includes button choices like "Play", "Load" etc? That's your Main Menu.

When you hit "Play" your game should start or load a loading screen or character creation screen but you have to set that up.

Did you try the ORK demo to see how it works?
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • @Catacomber thats not the only play button remember the buttons up top thats a play button to :P

@Darnen more details on how you got things set up make sure theres a ork game starter in the scene and that your menu settings has all the correct info. ork game start should be set to call main menu
    new website can be found here http://www.fore-loregames.com

Follow the game Development on Twitter https://twitter.com/Fore_Lore_Games

or check out the face book page here https://www.facebook.com/ForeLoreGames
  • Did you also do the 2nd tutorial, which is about adding the main menu? The 1st tutorial is only for setting up the project :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2015
    I had the same problem when I started using the ORK Framework---do you have a font set up in your Gui box for the Main Menu if you're using the Legacy UI? For the new UI you have to set a default font.

In the Main Menu settings make sure you're set to load the exact name of your scene--

The name of my main menu was 0 mainMenu and I had in my settings to load mainMenu. So nothing would ever load like that. It has to be a match. : )

You can also check the Autocall Main Menu in the Main Menu settings. See if any of that helps. Duh--I didn't realize you were talking about the editor "Play" button. : )

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I'm having the same issue with Unity 2019.3.11f1. Brand new project, imported ORK framework and samples, followed both Tutorials 1 & 2 verbatim.

I've tried both the Legacy UI and New UI systems (with a font selected). I've triple-checked my scene name is accurate.
  • So, I fixed it, kind of. The issue is the "Maximize on Play" button being active when playing the scene for anyone else that experiences this issue. When you disable that, the UI/Menu shows up, when enabled, it does not. After running your scene non-maximized, you can then maximize the game window and the menu still shows. Odd.
  • Hm, I'll look into it, might be some UI scaling issue on game start in the editor. Could probably be prevented by using a small wait time before showing the main menu :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!