hello,

earlier tonight i downloaded the tutorial resources to start working on the tutorial on making a small game and the folders i was told to expect were not there. what was there was about 50 folders with crazy names with nothing but an image and a pathname file i can do nothing with.

can anyone help me on how to get the right resources or instruct me on what i am doing wrong.

thanks
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited November 2015
    I'm downloading it now. I'll see if I can help you. Downloading the bundle for Unity 5.x not 4.6 since I'm using Unity 5.2
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited November 2015
    You're right. There's no Unity package. I think Unity 5.2 which I'm using has a different
    way of importing assets but I just get a mess of files that I can't do anything with.

I'll see if I can get anything better but I think this needs gil's help--gamingislove's help.

Hang in there.

I'm sure it's a Unity thing but I don't know how to get around it.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I guess you're on Mac OS X?
    Their built-in unzip program tends to also unzip the unitypackage inside the zip file - try a different program, e.g. 7zip.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I used another program and it worked perfectly, thank you so much for the help.