edited March 2014 in ORK Support
I am testing this kit out before I decide I want to buy. I am still getting use to the setup so I may just be confused. On the video tutorial of character creation and interaction, there is a tab called "RPG kit" located along with the "file, edit, ect" but I do not have that.

Has the setup of ork changed since the video and is located somewhere else or is it simply not there because I have the free version installed?
  • edited March 2014
    Don't use any of the tutorial videos. They are very old, incomplete and for ORK1.

Instead, I suggest you use the Demo Project and make incremental changes to it. Then review the How-tos and game tutorials.

The main tab to open the framework is now under Window:ORK Framework
    Post edited by Nixter on
  • Thank you very much. Will work on that soon.
  • I cant find the add character button however? Which how-to would have that info?
  • ORK Framework is the 2nd version of ORK Okashi RPG Kit, so the video tutorials on ORK 1 are quite useless for ORK 2.

What add character button are you refering to? The separation between characters and enemies is a thing of ORK 1, in ORK Framework, they are combined to Combatants.

I'd really recommend to start with the game tutorials to learn ORK Framework.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2014
    To create a new Combatant, go into Combatants:Combatants in the ORK Framework. You can copy Brown Pants, the default PC in the demo or create a new one.

To start the game with your new combatant, you will need to go to the Events tab, open a Game Event called startEvent. In it, there is a step called Join Active Group. Select that step and change the Combatant to your new PC. Save it and you should have a new character in the game.

And remember that you need to assign a prefab to the new Combatants or they will be invisible. I suggest using the Brown Pants prefab.
    Post edited by Nixter on