edited November 2015 in ORK Support
Hello all,

So after going through the tutorial about a month ago and solidifying a lot of my design choices, I decided to go ahead and purchase the framework.

Now, having gone through the tutorials and learning what its capable of, I already plan on making some additions to the battle system to suit my game. However, its going to take my artist a spell in order to create some assets which will allow me to start prototyping these additions. That being said, is there a way I can import both the framework and the demo- so that I can use the demo assets to test my code? Ideally I'd like to have the demo assets and access to the source code. In the README that's included with the framework, it mentions that should you want to import the demo, its important not to have the ORK Framework already imported. This isnt a huge deal, but it would be pretty neat if I could already build off of a small game that has been setup instead of getting some external assets to mess around with before actually creating my game from scratch.

I completely understand if this isnt possible, but I would like to know if there is a convenient way to set this up so I can start prototyping my envisioned battle system while my artist works on creating some assets. Thanks in advance for everything! Best purchase I've made in a long time!
Post edited by Juupo on
  • edited November 2015
    The demo included in the asset store has ORK already imported, so there's no need to add it before/after it. However, you can do so - the demo is just an already set up game made with ORK, like your own project would be at some point.
    So, yes, you can build upon the demo to get you started :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome! Thanks so much GiL!
  • I guess I have a quick follow up question just so I can make sure I understand how this would work. I'd just import only the demo? Or would I have to import the demo and then the source code .zip?
  • You never import the source code. The code is a MonoDevelop project (or you can also port it to other programs) to compile the ORKFramework.dll file if you want to change something in code.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the clarification! I appreciate it!