edited November 2015 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.5.9 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next update for ORK Framework is in development - release probably end of next week.
  • Status Requirements
    New status requirement checks for a combatant being In Battle, In Action (e.g. performing an ability) or Casting an ability.
  • Event System: Raycast Object
    You can now optionally use All game objects that where hit by the raycast instead of the first object.
  • Event System: Search Combatants
    The new Search Combatants step will search for game objects of combatants and add them to a found/global objects list.
    You can optionally check for allied/death/battle state of the combatant, range and additional status requirements.
  • Battle Events: Calculate
    You can now optionally use Other Targets in the Calculate step instead of the targets originally found by the action.
    This allows you to e.g. use combatants that where hit by a Raycast Object step and stored in a found/global obejcts list.
  • Menu Screens: Ability, Equipment, Inventory
    The (optional) sub-menu is now also opened by clicking/touching the button when it's opened with the Accept Key.
  • Editor: Updating Events
    Updating events upon saving the ORK project is now done differently, preventing crashes in very (very) large projects.
    Previously you'd have to only update events in a defined folder to prevent a crash.
  • Status Requirements: Class Level
    When checking the Class Level of a combatant, you can now optionally check for a defined class instead of the current class.
    If the combatant never used the class before, the class level will be 0.
  • Abilities, Items, Battle Settings: Use Range
    You can now optionally defined a minimum and maximum use range.
    The previously use range is now the maximum use range. E.g. useful if you want an ability to only be usable on enemies that aren't near the user.
  • Console Types, Console Settings
    You can now add wrapper texts before and after each line in the console. The wrapper texts of the console types are wrapped around the texts of the console settings (e.g. you can use the console type wrapper texts to color all lines of the type in a certain text color).
  • Weapons, Armors
    You can now optionally override the Price Settings of the equipment in each equipment level.
  • Weapons, Armors
    You can now optionally override the Equip Requirements of the equipment in each equipment level.
  • Music Channels: Volume
    You can now change the volume of each music channel individually.
    The master music volume (which was used until now) affects all musich channels.
    There are options for using music channels in option menus and the Change Music Volume step.
  • Quest Tasks
    The new Count Requirement allows setting up custom counters for activate, finish and fail requirements. A count requirement is identified through a tag, you can add additional information (name, description, icon) through Scene Objects.
    E.g. need a quest task where you have to count to 3 NPCs? Add a custom counter and increase it in the NPC's events.
  • Event System: Change Task Count
    The new Change Task Count step (quest steps) allows changing the current count of a task's count requirement.
    Only count requirements matching the defined tag will be changed.
  • Weapons, Armors
    Adding the random status value bonuses of previous equipment levels when creating a new weapon/armor is now optional (by default enabled).
    E.g. creating a lvl 5 sword in-game can either add all random bonuses of the previous levels or only use the bonuses of lvl 5.
  • Value Bars
    You can now separately show positive and negative changes of status values in value bars.
    E.g. when taking damage, the part of the bar that will be reduced can be shown with a different color/image.
    Naturally this only works when using Count to Value in the status value's settings, i.e. when the displayed and actual value of the status value are different upon changes.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ooh, these new steps are looking good! Interesting, what's the new method to saving events?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Curious about this too. Thanks for the update!
  • It's not a new method for saving, just for finding the event assets in the project. Unity added some useful new functions for that (probably since 5.0) that I'm using now instead of searching for them manually (which was bad in very large projects).

Other new stuff:
    • Status Requirements: Class Level
      When checking the Class Level of a combatant, you can now optionally check for a defined class instead of the current class.
      If the combatant never used the class before, the class level will be 0.
    • Abilities, Items, Battle Settings: Use Range
      You can now optionally defined a minimum and maximum use range.
      The previously use range is now the maximum use range. E.g. useful if you want an ability to only be usable on enemies that aren't near the user.
    • Console Types, Console Settings
      You can now add wrapper texts before and after each line in the console. The wrapper texts of the console types are wrapped around the texts of the console settings (e.g. you can use the console type wrapper texts to color all lines of the type in a certain text color).
    • Weapons, Armors
      You can now optionally override the Price Settings of the equipment in each equipment level.
    • Weapons, Armors
      You can now optionally override the Equip Requirements of the equipment in each equipment level.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for the Class Level update!
  • So good!you are cool!
  • Also included:
    • Music Channels: Volume
      You can now change the volume of each music channel individually.
      The master music volume (which was used until now) affects all musich channels.
      There are options for using music channels in option menus and the Change Music Volume step.
    • Quest Tasks
      The new Count Requirement allows setting up custom counters for activate, finish and fail requirements. A count requirement is identified through a tag, you can add additional information (name, description, icon) through Scene Objects.
      E.g. need a quest task where you have to count to 3 NPCs? Add a custom counter and increase it in the NPC's events.
    • Event System: Change Task Count
      The new Change Task Count step (quest steps) allows changing the current count of a task's count requirement.
      Only count requirements matching the defined tag will be changed.
    • Weapons, Armors
      Adding the random status value bonuses of previous equipment levels when creating a new weapon/armor is now optional (by default enabled).
      E.g. creating a lvl 5 sword in-game can either add all random bonuses of the previous levels or only use the bonuses of lvl 5.
  • Yes, thank you for the individual music channel volume! Makes it so much easier to create stuff like the sound of rain lessening while under a roof, etc. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • That new custom count for quest tasks has made my morning. :D
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • edited November 2015
    Mine too! ORK is something I give thanks for all the time. Happy Thanksgiving. : )

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • A lot of my issues will be resolved with this version.

So..many many thanks for these cool new things :)
  • Release most likely tomorrow (unless someone finds a bug that takes longer to solve :D). This update will also contain a large number of fixes (e.g. a nasty iOS bug). Another very cool new feature:
    • Value Bars
      You can now separately show positive and negative changes of status values in value bars.
      E.g. when taking damage, the part of the bar that will be reduced can be shown with a different color/image.
      Naturally this only works when using Count to Value in the status value's settings, i.e. when the displayed and actual value of the status value are different upon changes.
  • Some day I'll actually take advantage of everything that ORK offers. Meanwhile I'm happy that one of our reviewers for Omber in the appstore said this is a great game.

Thank you for that. : )
  • ORK Framework 2.5.9 is here: release notes
  • I thought the Value Bar update was already possible. Or is it something different?
  • Thanks for the update!