edited December 2015 in ORK Support
Please help! I'm doing the battle tutorial now.

http://orkframework.com/tutorial/game-tutorial/18-the-first-battle/

My problem is that neither the player nor the enemy can do any attack. The attack button is invalid (can't be clicked) and any damaging skills cannot be selected.

Healing skills that target allies/self can be used and function correctly. "Defend" and "End Turn" also function well.

I tried using "Fire", which has target range of "All" (meaning it can be used on allies + enemies) BUT I can only use it on the player. No enemy as a target option.

The enemy (evil pants) can't attack either, it does nothing the entire battle. What's happening?

Thanks!
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited December 2015
    maybe the battle range is responsible for that and the Battle System -> Battle Spots Coords? (Battle System -> Battle Range or AI Range)
    Post edited by widnig89 on
  • I don't think so...

The Range are still default option (battle range = 20, ai range = 100, move range = 100)

And I put the battle spots from the tutorial correctly, I can see that the enemy and player are not too far apart...
  • edited December 2015
    I haven't used turn-based in a long while so can't really help.

If a button doesn't work--it seems to me the player --that is what's set up in the player combatant area of the editor--doesn't have whatever it takes to make that button work or there's something wrong with the setup of the button but you have other buttons working right so I don't think the set up is the problem.

Try starting the tutorial from the beginning if you can and see at what point you can't do what you want to do.

If you have the skills set up correctly and they're skills the Combatant has then I think the Skill button should work if its HUD is set up correctly.

This is solvable. Just wait for Gil.

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited December 2015
    Jesus Christ, I tried moving the people around and it seems to be battle range issue indeed.

I don't really understand though, I followed the tutorial and copied everything number by number, why is it not working? I tried changing battle spots positions also and when battle starts they are not getting any closer.

Edit: OK I get it, the real problem is that when battle starts, the player wasn't warped into Player_Spot_0 (the designated battle spot), as a result it's too far away from the enemy now. The enemy was on the correct spot.

Why is that?
    Post edited by Melimeli on
  • Well, you're still early in the tutorials - placing and stuff like that is handled in the battle start event (which will be shown a little bit later).

When abilities (and attacks) aren't usable due to range, it's most likely the use range of the ability. There's the default use range settings (for all abilities) in Battle System > Battle Settings in the ORK editor. Each ability can optionally override those use ranges. By default there shouldn't be any use range set up.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK It's done now, I can do it.

Thanks XD