edited December 2015 in ORK Support
Hi all,

I have a RPG that uses both legacy UI and the new Unity UI. legacy for all ORK guiboxes used during cutscenes, and I script all other UI functions (buttons, menu, etc) with the new UI without using ORK. Everything works really well in Unity. But when we tested it on our iPad, the choice dialog doesn't show up. Strangely enough, all other Show Dialog steps execute correctly (message and autoclose), only Choice types seem to have some problem. And it's guibox independent... a guibox that works as Message would also not show up as Choice.

Maybe it's not a good idea to mix UI systems? I will try switching to the new UI and see if that makes any difference.
Post edited by 9gate on
  • Just noticed the error that popped up when the choice box was going to be displayed. This error occurs when we run the game in xcode only. Haven't seen it before in Unity:

NullReferenceException: A null value was found where an object instance was required.

at UnityStandardAssets.ImageEffects.Vortex.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.DialogueChoice.CreateChoices () [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.DialogueChoice.Show () [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.DialogueChoice.Show (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent, Int32 next) [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ShowDialogueStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent) [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.Events.Steps.AutoSaveGameStep.GetNodeDetails () [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.Events.GameEvent.ExecuteNextStep () [0x00000] in :0

at TestBehavior.OnStateMachineExit (UnityEngine.Animator animator, Int32 stateMachinePathHash) [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (Int32 next) [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.Tick (Single delta) [0x00000] in :0

at ORKFramework.Behaviours.EventInteraction.Update () [0x00000] in :0

at Replacements.RemotingServices.CreateClientProxy (System.Type objectType, System.String url, System.Object[] activationAttributes) [0x00000] in :0

Replacements.RemotingServices:CreateClientProxy(Type, String, Object[])

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)
  • As your error suggests, an image effect (vortex) caused the issue.
    Since image effects are not part of ORK, that's most likely something happening in your setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi GiL, thanks for the quick response! So you mean that ORK is not making the call to Vortex.OnRenderImage? Rather, something else is causing the null reference exception? Could you clarify what do you mean by "setup"?
  • edited December 2015
    No, ORK doesn't make that call. Since image effects use what's shown by the camera they're attached to, it's probably something that's displayed in ORK's choice dialogue and the Vortex image effect doesn't like ...

Could be an image in the choice, or when using the new UI, something on the prefab you've used for the choice buttons.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Turns out to be a Unity bug... Was using 5.0.1f, and after upgrading to the current version (5.2.3 I believe), the issue disappeared.

The whole Vortex and ORK errors were misleading, the real culprit was Replacements.RemotingServices:CreateClientProxy

Thanks GiL!