edited December 2015 in ORK Support
Alright, I have been poking around, playing with ORK these past few days and I think this is not available. Please point me in the right direction on how to do this.

In my game, the player moves to the spot that you click with mouse. (Like most MMORPG). When you click on enemy/NPCs/loots, the player goes there and then they will automatically interact with it.
The event starts as soon as the player goes near the NPC.

In ORK, the Event interaction goes like this: You click the NPC, Player goes to NPC position, then stops. You have to click on NPC the second time to activate "Interaction" so the event dialogue starts.

How do I do it with just one click?

Another thing: Is there a way to separate UIs in different layers? The GUI layer... doesn't have any settings on it, is there a way to put UIs on a different UI layer? :)

Thanks!
Post edited by Melimeli on
  • Hi Melimeli,
    You may try changing the Start type of the Event Interaction component placed in you NPC to Trigger Enter for example.
    For UI layer separation, first you need to define the layers under Menus->GUI Layers, then for each GUI Box you can specify to which layer it belongs.

hope that helps ;)
  • @RustedGames

Hi! I tried that one, the problem is that now every NPC you bump (you don't need to click the NPC) will start dialogue with you. Is there a way to only trigger event on selected NPCs/objects?

Also... the UI Layers... For the raycast detection to move the player, all the UI are grouped under 1 layer, the "UI" layer. There are other layers like "IgnoreRaycast" or "TransparentFX" or "Default". Problem is, I want to make UI elements that should be ignored by raycast, without ignoring the rest of the default UIs (since I need them for options, etc). Is there a way to put UI elements on different layers, so they can be ignored?
  • So you are spawning the same NPC prefab for all your NPC´s with the same Interaction component?
  • Errrrgh I ended up making a custom move and custom interaction controller for this and it works...

Now it's only the UI Layer problem, is there a way to put GUI Layers in actual different layer? For raycasting purposes.

@RustedGames Thanks for the help! It's ok now, just the UI sorting problem....
  • New UI > yes, they're just game objects which are placed on a layer. When ORK uses the new UI, there's a layer setting for new UI game objects.
    Legacy GUI > nope, they're not game objects and don't interfere with raycasts anyway. When ORK does raycasts (e.g. for the mouse control) it'll check displayed UI (dialogues, menus, ...).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!