Hi everyone,

I'm slowly getting to grips with things, and have begun to modify some of the scripts within ORK Framework. However today I updated to 2.5.9 and, of course, my changes are gone. This is no big deal because I still have the code I wrote, however I would like it if I could make my changes, and still be able to freely update ORK without losing the changes to the DLL. Is there some way of achieving this? Perhaps by building a separate DLL that overrides ORK's default behaviour? Or some kind of source control?

This is unfortunately where I'm pushing against the limits of my knowledge of C# and DLLs...
  • Well, you have the gameplay source code in the full version - just set up some source control (e.g. git) on your end to manage the changes :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, I think this is the best way. Slightly ashamed I didn't just realize that myself :|

One last question - is it against the rules to host the ORK files on a public Github, but something like Bitbucket is okay?
  • Making it available to the public is not allowed - having it on a private git host is possible, as long as you don't make it available to other persons that don't have a licence.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2015
    Try Bitbucket Click here.

It has free private repositories. Also, a Mercurial repository would be better suited for teams of 1-6 and is easier for beginners. You can always migrate to Git later.
    Post edited by twinj on