edited February 2016 in General Discussion
just trying to know How many of you would like to see integration between UMA 2 and ORK framework?

I tried a few things but it didnt work.

So i am thinking may be ifthere are more people around with same problem we can generate a buzz on this and hopefully some will develop a script/ plugin in asset store

If any one already had success with UMA2 and ORK integration , please help me how i can get uma characters in to ORK. For the problem i am facing please check the thread below

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/2776/is-there-a-way-to-use-uma-characters-generated-in-uma-with-ork#latest

Dont think there are many who are not aware or UMA. For those who dont know like me recently, UMA 2 is a character generation tool which helps you customise you game characters and has many more features
Post edited by karmik on
  • I'm always interested in anything that expands ORK.
  • I am highly interested in an UMA2--ORK bridge.

I'm a fan of UMA2 (not so much UMA1), it's a cool system. But it's not super-popular, so a plugin won't just happen out of thin air. :)
  • Tks gregorik and catacomber

I am hoping some dev might fuble up on this and see a potential asset and create it :)

Thats why i am requesting every one interested in this to just express their interest by commenting.. :)

• This is something I'll be looking for eventually as well. Still using Mixamo's old Alpha character model while doing prototyping but have also started collecting Will B's medieval/fantasy UMA clothing as I can afford to pick up a new piece.

Not to a point where I can see where there would be requirements for integration specifically into ORK, but then I'm still figuring out everything that ORK does. lol Will be awhile before I need to look into getting UMA working. heheh Gonna follow the thread though. :)
  • Just an Updte i have emailed Ricardo from DK UMA and he said he will be creating integration between DK UMA and Ork Framework soon.

Hope this soon happens sooner :)
  • karmik said: he will be creating integration between DK UMA and Ork Framework soon.
    Ricardo told me that the Zerano Kit is a priority over ORK, and the ORK bridge will not happen any soon.
    It's a pity because a DKUMA2+ORK bridge would mean a golden age for both tools. :)
  • Hello, I am Ricardo the author of DK UMA, some users of the ORK Framework are requesting an integration, I am here to see what is possible.
    The integration to Zerano's RPG Kit is done, I will have some time to take a look to the ORK Framework :)
  • edited January 2016
    Please, that would be wonderful. Thank you. It's nice to see you here.

If you need someone to help you test it, I'd be happy to try. I would certainly like to use it. I only recently discovered UMA and downloaded it but since there's no ORK bridge, haven't done anything with it as yet.

The player is set up in ORK's editor---Combatants/Combatants/Player and you can set there what inventory items the player is equipped with from the start.

The player's inventory items are setup in Inventory/Weapons/Armors and the parts where things get equipped is set up in Equipment Parts.

There's an Equipment Viewer to set up what shows on the player. Probably none of this means anything to you. Gil knows everything and would undoubtedly be happy to help you

I'm just so excited about this.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited January 2016
  • @DK_UMA, thank you very much for doing this. And thanks for the mail earlier today. :)

I'm also happy to help out any way that I can: testing, support etc.

DKUMA2 for ORK will be a tremendous step forward in terms of character building and customization.
  • edited January 2016
    Wow Great news. Thanks Ricardo.
    Looking forward to it.
    Post edited by karmik on
  • Thank you for your interrest about my tools.
    I bought the ORK Framework and I will be able to look at it soon.
    Actually I am preparing the clean release of the RPG Kit integration.
    You will have to be patient such as the Zerano's users have been, but it will be done with your help and support :)
  • I'm definitely interested in this too.
  • edited January 2016
    I think we all have the patience to wait for this. I think any of us who want this will be happy to help and support--just a small question--to provide help and support--do we need the DK UMA Premium? Or what do we need? : ) It's on my wish list.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/45131