edited December 2015 in Makinom Support
Hey I'm using the Makinom simple controller in the tutorial, but I found that there is sometimes a really quick lag when I move. Even when having a blank scene with nothing but a plane to walk on and a bunch of cube in the scene, this will happen. Is it because of the simple control schematic? Because I have no Makinom global machines or ork global events running in the background at all but this still happens.
Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • The simple character control example isn't very sophisticated, so it shouldn't be lagging through something in the control. Maybe try using Unity's profiler to see if you get any spikes and where they're coming from.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well, everytime there's a spike in the profiler, it always points toward this as the main cause of the spike. I'm still using Ork 2.5.9, if that's any help, because I haven't install the Unity 5.3 yet.

• Well, it isn't really a very high spike, but it should be better with ORK 2.6.0. Makinom will also get a performance improvement in the next update, which will most likely be out within the first 2 weeks of January.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here is an example of the lag while moving. For a side scroller platformer/puzzle game, it can be very noticeable. To see the lag, look at the floating cubes.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qQx-uJ4otKA&feature=youtu.be

I'll wait till the next Makinom update is here to update both Makinom and Ork at the same time to see if it solves this.
  • The video is private, can't see it :)

If you can send me a small test project with your setup I'd be able to check where it's coming from. Might be something completely different and you'd have to wait for a few weeks for nothing ...
  • Thanks GiL, but I THINK I reduced the lagging a bit. I don't want you wasting your time on it yet, so if the lagging comes up again, I'll let you know.