edited December 2015 in ORK Support
I have a second camera that outputs to Render Texture as a minimap solution. I've assigned it to the HUD foreground/background, but the RT doesn't show. Confirmed it's working using a 3d plane in-game. Is there any way to show a render texture through a HUD? Thanks.
Post edited by Jerseyware on
  • edited December 2015
    I'd actually be interested in knowing about this as well! Have to hook up a metroidvania-style minimap via ORK HUDs and Menus but haven't had the time to work it out in my head yet.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I can get it to display to Viewport or RenderTexture, then the RT displays fine to a 3dplane. This COULD be hacked into the same place on screen as a hud box, but that sucks. I was really surprised it didn't work as a background/foreground image.
  • edited December 2015
    Had no problem doing that.
    Created a render texture and added it to a HUD as background image (also tried background image of a HUD element), set up a camera in the scene that used the render texture as target - and it just worked. In both legacy GUI and new UI.

Edit: Although, if you're currently working with ORK 2.6.0, there are currently some bugs when using the new UI, e.g. HUD background images not being displayed. Will be fixed by today's ORK 2.6.1 release :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I am using 2.6.0, which also has the effect of blanking my nav HUD when I open and close my game menu. I'll update tonight and try again. Thanks.
  • It works!

Also my navigation bar comes back when I open/close the menu. :)

Thanks GiL. Happy new year!