I have built a custom gui menu script and I was thinking about writing it to tell ORK the camera controls should be blocked. Much like a gui menu would work in ORK, I just want to invoke this from a script. Is this possible?

Thanks!
  • Ok, I found the function, but visual studio reports an error. I haven't quite figured this one out yet.

There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'notify' of 'ControlHandler.SetBlockCamera(int, bool).

I'm using ORK.Control.SetBlockCamera(1);
  • As visual studio reports, there are 2 arguments when calling that function, so change it to:

ORK.Control.SetBlockCamera(1, true);

And to unblock the camera:

ORK.Control.SetBlockCamera(-1, true);
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Obviously I'm still learning C# a good bit and I've tried everything I can come up with to get this working. Would it be possible to see a working example? I even tried a simple little script to check if controls are not currently blocked and just block the camera and it didn't work. See below. Pardon my inexperience in the matter, please. :)

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;
    using ORKFramework;

public class test : MonoBehaviour {

// Update is called once per frame
    public void orktestmenu ()
    {
    if (!ORK.Control.Blocked)
    ORK.Control.SetBlockCamera(1, true);
    }
    }
  • Since you're blocking the camera controls, you'd need to check if the camera controls are blocked:
    if(!ORK.Control.CameraBlocked)

ORK.Control.Blocked is for the player control state.

Also - do you call your orktestmenu function somewhere? If not, this will never be executed :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!