• Hi @paulgswanson, I was going to suggest you that asset ;), I used for prototyping ORK games to start building the toolset I´m going to use when I get better hardware. It can stream terrains and part of scenes (non procedural) so it is safe for ORK.
  • I also have Sectr Complete and am using it for my project (an open urban environment). Insanely useful, but I'm far from having mastered it yet.
    Make sure to read its 30-pages pdf manual first to have an idea about it.
  • edited February 2016
    I picked up the Bird Flock asset by Unluck Games on sale because I like open world exploration and need it for that and it includes sounds. Was wondering how I could do the flying bird animations and it just popped up.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited February 2016
    I just got this bundle, did you check the Flock Controller?
    Post edited by RustedGames on
  • @Catacomber

For your open world, you might want to check out HerdSim, also by Unluck Software.
  • @RustedGames--yes, Bird Flock is great. :)

@Wood--going to check that now. Thanks.
  • And recommendations on which dynamic sky asset to use?

I've looked at demos for Time of Day, Unistorm, Sky Master, and Tenkoku. I think that Tenkoku gives the nicest visual result in terms of lighting. No idea how they compare in terms of integration with ORK and access to their APIs (so I could run NPC schedules based on the time of day, for example).
  • edited February 2016
    I asked that of a developer that had a good system for his open world exploration game and he told me he liked to run his own.

I haven't tried the ORK tutorial for a Day/Night cycle yet but before I buy an asset am going to do that after talking with that developer.

Also, just a thought, if you're running the latest version of Unity, you might want to email the developers of those packages and ask if they have any performance problems with the latest Unity version.

I was going to opt for Time of Day, after looking at them. But now having had some really bad performance problems with the latest version of Unity, I'm going to sit on it for awhile and try Gil's Day/Night cycle tutorial first.
  • The ORK Time and Day tutorial is essentially just a clock though. And it would be pretty straightforward to write my own time of day code; it's the lighting, weather, and dynamic skybox that I'm interested in.
  • edited February 2016
    I think that then depends on what platform you're building for. Mobile might have some issues with some of those. After looking at them all, my choice would be Time of Day, considering that I usually build for mobile. My second choice would be Unistorm. But I haven't tried them.

I think looking back through this thread--keyboardcowboy has used Unistorm--maybe pm him and ask him about his results. : )

Wood has used Instant Good Day--you could pm him too.

• I´m using Instant Good Day as well, it only handles day-night cycles and nothing related to weather. I haven´t tested on mobile thou.
    Instant Good Day + the Time and Day ORK Tutorial works pretty well to me.
  • For those of you using Instant Good Day, did you add a weather system? And if so, how? Thanks.
  • As for the assets already mentioned:

I use ProBuilder and ProGrids in my projects, these are usually
    the first two assets impoted into any new project I start. Never had any issues with ORK.

I own UniStorm, several versions ago the performance was not too good, so I haven't used it in quite some time. It was complicated and annoying to try and get a proper cycle and weather working in my ORK scenes when I tried, I think it has been improved drastically since then.

I own Gaia, and thanks to paulgswanson's tutorial I am starting to use it and really like it.

Not Mentioned but owned and tested at one time or another:

Simple RPG Camera - works great with ORK, has several camera types ( multiple 3rd person types, 1st person, top down, object fade, collision etc ) Currently using

JMO Cartoon FX packs - doesn't really have to be mentioned since its particles, but they are awesome and have mobile versions included if anyone had interest.

KFG Map System - works with ORK thanks to Cata's tutorial, I haven't tested in Unity 5.3x latest version. I also noticed its a bit pricey now too.

Interested but don't own:

Cubiquity for Unity - its free, has anyone tried it with ORK?

I will add things later, at work now and can't remember all the other relevant assets I have hoarded away in my store stash. ;)

I'm old and mean...hiss~hiss~
    Chris
  • Gaia is on sale! As well as many others! February Madness sale. :D
  • edited February 2016
    Wooot! - here's hoping the update has more integration with RTP :)
    Post edited by Phesant33 on