• I'd like to give a shout-out to Ultimate See-Through, which has given me trees that fade when they get between the camera and the player:

Currently $4.99 on the Asset Store.
  • DunGen is also on sale during February Madness and I'm so tempted to get it but I think it generates only procedural dungeons and I don't see that as being as useful as the dungeon generators that create dungeons where you can actually save the scene.

So passing it up once again on a sale yet it looks like so much fun.
  • @Catacomber, fear not ;), "DunGen allows you to procedurally generate a dungeon-like layout by piecing together rooms that you design in Unity" so you are able to create the room chunks prefabs with the ORK objects in them and then the DunGen will load it for you.
  • Thanks! That's what I needed to know.
  • @Catacomber, the newly released Dungeon Architect might be more what you're looking for. More info in its Unity Forum thread.

It's not on sale though...
  • Thanks. I'll take a look. :)
  • Anyone know anything about good waterfall prefabs? Any experiences? Thanks in advance :)
  • Unity has a free water fx pack, and while the individual prefabs in it aren't all that spectacular, but they are good references for how to set up something like layered animated textures for a waterfall.

I actually haven't seen any waterfall prefab (personally) that I would label amazing or a must buy. I'm guessing some of that might be because of performance and system differences- you can totally make a beautiful waterfall with textures and particles, but it would destroy performance on low-end machines or on mobile. A mobile-friendly waterfall would most likely kinda look like butt on a top-end PC rig.

For the few times I've needed a waterfall I've usually started with one of those free unity ones as a base, and then started tweaking - adding or deleting animating layers for the fall (sometimes having to build a custom mesh if it's a funky mountain slope) and splash/steam/ripple particles and sound fx until I found a happy medium for looks vs performance in the particular scene. While you can get some really nice effects using pure particles for the fall, usually I opt to go the animated texture route for perf, and save particles for the little incidentals.
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Thanks heaps @Firrerreo, I thought it was just me that couldn't find them. This answer was exactly what I needed to know. Cheers again, guess its off to experiment with textures.
  • I remember the Bootcamp Demo had a nice waterfall implementation as well
  • Ah will have to check it out, thanks @RustedGames
  • Hi guys, just another hopefully quick question. Does anybody know if point to click navigation for the player (e.g. path-finding) is achievable with say makinom, or should I get the path finding asset currently on sale at the moment. I essentially want to be able to click on locations on the minimap (or just right click on the normal terrain when zoomed out), and have the player move to that location in game, which will require some level of path finding (similar to the IE games like Bauldurs Gate etc). I have not looked into this much, but didn't want to miss a sale, so asking for advice instead, if that makes sense.
  • If you're using Unity's NavMesh for navigation, you can already do that out of the box with ORK's mouse player controls, or build a custom control around NavMesh with Makinom.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2016
    The ORK Framework is currently Deal of the Day in the Unity Asset Store--24 hour sale---while it lasts--if you've been waiting for it to go on sale---snap it up! : D I don't know exactly when the 24 hour period ends but if you want it, get it before that period expires.
    Post edited by Catacomber on