Okay, I'm having some trouble with this.

I baked a NavMesh map, then added a NavMesh agent to my player. I forced my Player-Combatant to use AI Movement, and made a special AI movement that used NavMesh Agents. Nothing. What am i missing here? I did read about doing a custom script but there never was a resolution in that thread.
  • If you're just talking about normal movement around the map, your Player doesn't need any AI movements. Everything you need to change is on the Controls page. Set the player to mouse control and using the NavMesh Agent, and that should do it. No custom script needed for basic click-to-move on the NavMesh.
  • okay so -

1. Thanks that works, but -
    2. It broke the mecanim animations, he doesnt animate at all anymore.

Thoughts?

• edited January 2016
    Enable the Use Position Change setting in your combatant's movement settings (if you're using automatic move animation).

The auto move animation will use the speed of the combatant, which is usually coming from a character controller or rigidbody component - if none of those are used to move the combatant, they naturally wont have any speed, thus having a speed of 0 for the auto move animation. The Use Position Change setting will use the actual change in the combatants position per frame to determine the speed and doesn't rely on another component.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!