edited January 2016 in ORK Support
Hello,

can somone confirm that on Android a scrolling menu item with the new UI is hard to select/click?

When I do not click very short on a button, I always have some kind of a minimal scroll-drag behaviour (I guess), and so I the button click event is not fired.

Are there settings in ORK to deal with that?

Many thanks.

Dominik
Post edited by widnig89 on
  • I have 2 testing devices:

*Samsung Galaxy S6
    * Motorola Moto G (2.Gen)

with the Moto-Device I do not have as much unrecognized inputs as with the galaxy device.

When clicking on the Samsung device, i can see the menu item a little bit scrolling when not hitting it only for a short time and also not "moving".

I played around with the gameobject ScrollRect and also the scrollbar itself.
    Maybe i can handle it with "NUmber of Steps" and "Clamped" instead of "Elasticity". But the scrollRects is generated by ORk...
  • I'll investigate, but it's most likely an Unity UI and not an ORK issue.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you GiL,

I am not very familiar with the EventSystem in Unity or the Input Modules.

Ork has its own "ORK Input Module (Script)" as I can see when clicking on the EventSystem GameObject. Here is the delta and eligibleForClick variable, where I can see (at least in the editor) when a click is going to be performed. (I guess too much delta leads to a drag instead of a click.?).

There is also the Touch Input Module Script by Unity which maybe has better settings for touch devices? [1]

[1] http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/script-TouchInputModule.html
  • They actually discarded the touch input module in Unity 5.3, touch input is now part of the standard input module. ORK's input module is based on Unity's standard input module, just mapping some stuff to the ORK input keys you've set up for menu controls (e.g. accept/cancel buttons).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Or the drag threshold in the eventsystem component itself...
  • They actually discarded the touch input module in Unity 5.3, touch input is now part of the standard input module. ORK's input module is based on Unity's standard input module, just mapping some stuff to the ORK input keys you've set up for menu controls (e.g. accept/cancel buttons).
    ah I see. ok then maybe I can try a test with the drag threshold parameter in the eventsystem in the meantime. (finding this component and see what happens)
  • Did a lot of changes in the meantime, but now changed the value to 20 and on my Galaxy device it works really well now:

GameObject eventSystemGo = GameObject.Find("EventSystem");
    EventSystem eventSystem = eventSystemGo.GetComponent<EventSystem>();
    eventSystem.pixelDragThreshold = 20;

Maybe this could be a setting in ORK. Because ORK is also generating the EventSystem?
  • Tested it on a Nexus 4 and didn't run into problems - probably really depends on the device.
    I'll add a drag threshold setting in the next update.
  • Yeah probably really the devices, and probably the display resolution due to the "pixel"DragThreshold.

Thank you very much.