Hey Gil,
Does your ISP/Website provider allow you to set up a real time chat system on this main website? I was wondering since it MIGHT be nice to be able to chat with other ORKianites while doing projects and to just shoot the bull, etc in real time here on the website?

I hear the Grid thing tilted. Nice going! Wish i could have contributed.

GiL, after you get the Grid addition done, is this real time chat thing for the website possible??

Anyone else think this might be a good idea?

GamesRus
  • edited February 2016
    It can be helpful, especially if you're a newbie and even if you're more advanced. : D But that means some people are going to have to be dedicated to being on the chat and helpful and not just say ZZZZZZZZZ. That's probably one of the most memorable experiences I ever had on a website chat. The ZZZ of people tuning out. I did get some help though but not from the ZZZZers.

Don't know how easy or hard it would be for Gil to do or whether he'd have the time or whether he'd think it's a good idea or not.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I'm sure when the grid system is implemented, we'll be getting a lot more traffic, so it could be beneficial.
  • I think I haven't been in a chat for over 15 years :D
    Well, technologically it shouldn't be a problem to put one up - but I'm not really into that idea ...

Someone could just put up a chat channel and post it in the forum and I'd pin it to the top. There should be free chat providers out there, at least there where all those years ago :D
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!