edited February 2016 in Makinom Support
I own Ork so is i worthwile to get Makinom. So far I haven't seen anything Makinom can do that Ork can not. What's the difference if any? Is Makinom just a lightweight version of Ork?
Post edited by gimme on
  • Ork was designed specifically for RPG's. Makinom is similar to playmaker and Uscript if I'm not mistaken. So it is made with many different games in mind and can even enhance ORK
  • I'm just starting to use Makinom (after using ORK for a few months), so I haven't delved too far into it, but the selling point for me was its schematics, which are essentially the next generation of ORK's event system. The schematics are more flexible and you can do more with them.

You can run schematics from an ORK event, so I've started using them to build my events from smaller, reusable pieces.
  • I'm creating an action RPG right now, and Makinom is turning out to be a great supplement for Ork. I'm still getting all the systems created, but having the fine control over camera/player movement and being able to layer on more complex stuff using targeting and the Mecanim system is great.

Ork is doing the backend and RPG work, allowing me to use the formulas derived from level and pass things back and forth. Great combo, you can make damn near anything between the two of them. :)
  • ORK is an RPG framework with an useful event system to animate things (e.g. cut-scenes or battle actions).

Makinom is a game toolkit for all kinds of genres and a visual scripting solution. Pretty much ORK's event system on steroids and capable of doing a lot more, e.g. controls, game mechanics, animation handlers, etc.
    But it doesn't have an in-depth RPG system in the background :)

Together, they can pretty much do whatever you need.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow. Thanks guys for clarifying. I will get Makinom then. Great stuff