Hi,

I am trying to make my game on mobile portrait mode, I designed a ui which I thought is working with ORK.

Now I wanted to start, I figured out that there is no horizontal scrollbar for choices in gui boxes?

Is there a trick doing this or could that be a feature request for all? :D

Best regards,
Dominik
  • And also:

when I am using icons e.g. 256x256 (sprites) for the menu choices representation, how can I shrink/scale the image to the gui-box choice buttons size?

Thanks,

• Hello @widnig89 can you post a screenshot of what are you trying to accomplish, I´m not sure if the horizontal scrollbar is possible but given the flexibility of the ORK Framework and how well its designed you may try using columns for each option (my guess is that you are trying to create a sliding menu, right?)
  • edited February 2016
    yes i would like to have a sliding menu at the bottom of my screen (with unlimited columns & just one row so to speak), where a specific amount is visible (due to the size) and the rest can be viewed by sliding with a 'horizontal' scrollbar.
    Post edited by widnig89 on
  • edited February 2016

This is just an example from the web, but it is the same principle.
    I would like a kind of stackable menu screens:

* at the bottom row there is the main menu (e.g. inventory)
    * the row above you can choose the item types
    * and then 1 or two rows with the items itself on the top of the items

If thats not possible I will do it with vertical sliders, and doing it half the screen length.

But still don't know how to handle bigger pictures in smaller areas (e.g. choice buttons) (I don't think I need to cut the images to the size of each choice button, hopefully)

And, I am using the newUI in ork.
  • That's currently not possible. ORK's UI is based upon adjusting the content (text, buttons, etc.) to the horizontal size of the GUI box ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2016
    widnig89 said: But still don't know how to handle bigger pictures in smaller areas (e.g. choice buttons)(I don't think I need to cut the images to the size of each choice button, hopefully)
    Is this also an answer to this question?

• Here is the problem shown in a picture. If I have a too big icon for the content it automatically resizes the choice to 256x128 (but I have set the height and width of choices to 128x128 in the gui box). Is there a way to resize the icon and fitting in the correct 128x128 choice button?

If the icon is too small, as you can see in the return button, it should be scaled. Maybe with the anchor/pivot system of the new ui (Stretch/Stretch). Then I could use the back arrow in different gui boxes with different button sizes (menu buttons, slot buttons,...)
    So is there a way to scale an image to fit to the choice size (vertical and/or horizontal)?

What I also wanted to mention is, that I do not understand the alignment of texts and icons in gui boxes. Line Alignment: Middle is never aligned in the middle of the 128 height choice box. It is always on top, and I only can help me with the vertical padding settings to get the text in the middle. What is the trick behind it :) ?

• Yeah, currently images/icons will be displayed with the size they have.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok.
    I had doubts that the images will correctly scale on another mobile device with different screen size. but i tested it and it scales with the resolution (like everything else).

Ok. so now the only problem which I have is the BACK Icon, I need two with different sizes. Can I somehow overwrite the Back button in the gui box? So that I can choose for each guibox my own back button... (like the OK/Cancel Buttons --> Own Buttons)?
    Or is it possible to add this as a public feature request :)
  • Overriding the default buttons (back, equip, etc.) is currently not possible. Could be added as a public feature, requires some work, though :)
  • ok. so I will try to make a workaround for that.

but maybe the anchor system can be used in ork somehow?
    widnig89 said: What I also wanted to mention is, that I do not understand the alignment of texts and icons in gui boxes. Line Alignment: Middle is never aligned in the middle of the 128 height choice box. It is always on top, and I only can help me with the vertical padding settings to get the text in the middle. What is the trick behind it :) ?
    this is still something which I am not able to use it properly, even with just text...

• The Line Alignment is only used within a line of content, e.g. text and icons.
    I.e. if you have labels of different heights (using different text sizes or an icon in the line) they'll use the line alignment setting to adjust their position in the line.
  • Yes. But I am not sure we are talking about the same issue :)

Here a screenshot first:

The green box represents the size (fixed height) of a choice button with no paddings for the content.
    The red box indicates my selected line/text alignment -> center, middle. And the represented text line in the gui.

The blue box was my expected result with the text inside. I thought that the "textfield" is expanded to the size of the choice, and then can center the text to the real middle of the button.

The "real center choice" position could be achieved by playing around with settings, which isn't that funny :D .
    Of course, if I would have a icon inside the button, which is nearly the button height, then also the text will be aligned to center, but sometimes I do not have icons.

I am using the new ui....

• Like I said - the Line Alignment handles the alignment of labels within the same line, not the alignment of the line in the available content area (e.g. of the choice).
  • Ok. Thanks you. Just wanted to be sure that I am doing something wrong ;)