edited February 2016 in ORK Support
I've been having some trouble in using a formula to determine initial Status Values. To illustrate the issue I'm having, let's look at an example that we're probably all familiar with from D&D:

A 1st level Fighter starts with 10 HP plus his Constitution Modifier (-5 to +5) and gains 1d10 + Con Modifier HP with each additional level.

The HP per level is easy to implement via Status Development. But trying to have that initial MaxHP start off at 10 + Con Modifier doesn't seem to work for me. In a Status Development, the initial value has to be a specified number.

I have tried setting the MaxHP status value to "Combined Value" and using a formula to calculate the base 1st level MaxHP, but this value is always used as the final result, no matter what level I make the character or what bonuses I give to MaxHP via the class bonuses.

So I would like to be able to base a character's maximum values for Hit Points, Mana, Fatigue, etc. on some of his or her other status values, but I can't seem to calculate an initial value (in the base Status Values setup) without that calculated value being used as the final result. Is there something special I need to do in setting up the formula?
Post edited by Keldryn on
  • Combined value is most likely the best way to go - and to use the status value itself in the combined value, just use it in the formula, e.g. if MaxHP is a combined value and has bonuses and a status development, just use the MaxHP status value in the combined value formula (which will use the actual MaxHP+bonuses as value).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey there :D What GIL said worked very well for me on similar issue. Combined value should work very well for this as it is basically the output of the formula. You could have a simple formula that just adds Constitution Modifier to initial value, then in status development you select combined value toggle, and feed this formula. And in initial value field bellow it just feed the starting HP amount. (Each class can have their own status development and have different numbers in initial value)

I think you also might have to change "Initial value" part from the first node of the formula from set to add.
  • Thanks! I'll give that a try.