edited February 2016 in ORK Support
I have been following the tutorial but cant find where I messed up at but once you enter in to the buy screen or the crafting screen there is no way to exit back out of it.

also on the last tutorial after the quest is complete and the item is returned to Blue Pants rather then asking if he can join you the quest gets started all over again as if the finished variable never gets assigned however I checked that it is in fact getting assigned in the event but some reason is restarting rather then going to the next step in the event

also the cenimatics at intro to the field scene displays every time you enter the field scene not just the first time

Post edited by MacGabhann on
  • You can exit out of shops and menu screens by using the Cancel key (defined in Base/Control > Game Controls) or by using the Add Back settings in the shop layout or menu screen parts to add a back button to the lists.

For the rest, it sounds like you have some issues with variables. Make sure the settings are correct - an often occuring mistake is using the wrong Value Type for the variable key. You need to use Value to define the key directly, if you're using Game Variable, ORK searches in the defined variable key for the variable key you want to use (which ususally is empty).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2016
    well that fixes the shop and crafting screens as for the rest i checked every thing and its all set to value however i did notice that on the first check it was looking for the value finished with a space in front of it once i removed that space blue pants was able to join the player group

as far as the cinimatics event goes im still not able to find why its continuing to run every time I enter the field scene every thing is set to value

also im noticing that the inventory is not displaying the full name of the potions ever potion is labeled as potion even if its a revive potion or a cure potion or magic potion.
    Post edited by MacGabhann on
  • Tested it and working fine here - make sure you follow the tutorial, i.e. the keys of the checked and set variable are the same and you don't check/set object variables.

As for the potions, did you use a custom content layout in the inventory menu screen which displays the type name instead of the item name?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I had set after event set object variables checked once I unchecked that it worked

and the potions I had it under type content layout info type i had none selected switched it to info and that problem was fixed as well.