edited November 2013 in ORK Support
Hallo
I have some Questions. I hope somebody can help me.
At the Preferbs are all The Scripts are Missing. Have i do something false?
Thats way I think nothing works correktlie :D

Then i need help about the Charakter Script:
All the Charakters can have 3 Classes fron 10 and there Skills. This Classes he can learn at a NPC Handler. At the moment i can give the Player only 1 Skillclasses... im not a good Coder that i can do that :D
The 3 Skillclasses the Player can yoused on the same Time.
When the Player Leveld up he become Scillpoints that he can learn the Scills.

Is all this possible?
Thank you fore Help :)
  • What prefabs, and are you talking about the game demo or the tutorial resources?

A combatant can only have one class at a time, but you can change the class using the event system or items/abilities. If you only need to have the skill trees, you could do this by using game variables in events.

E.g. at the NPC, when selecting the classes, set a game variable for each selected class (like 'playerClass1' to 'fighter', 'playerClass2' to 'mage', etc.). Now, when you're learning skills at the NPC, you can check for the game variables and offer the skills to learn according to the game variables.

A more complex skill learning system will be added to the framework soon. But having multiple classes isn't on the timetable anytime soon :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here a better riding fore you what i mean :D

Maby a ideo how i can do this? Or make you maby a upgraid for that?

- The Prohekt has a triple class system
    - Here are 10 skill trees/branches/schools in total from which you are able to choose 3 trees which will define your class (some would say built, but i would say that its the skills you choose are defining your built, i will come back to this in a few), resulting in a total of 120 different class combinations.
    - Each class has 3 trees, every tree has 11 active and 5 passive skills, so each class has 33+15 aka 48 skills ready, from which you can chose 23 skills which will define your characters built.
    Every skill tree has its own level, they are leveling same as the character does (level 50 is the max), and also all the skills have level requirements (depending on the skill trees level and not on the characters level).
  • Many dis is a better exampel:

- ArcheAge has a triple class system
    - There are 10 skill trees/branches/schools in total from which you are able to choose 3 trees which will define your class (some would say built, but i would say that its the skills you choose are defining your built, i will come back to this in a few), resulting in a total of 120 different class combinations.
    - Each class has 3 trees, every tree has 11 active and 5 passive skills, so each class has 33+15 aka 48 skills ready, from which you can chose 23 skills which will define your characters built.

So i have no chance to do that ore?
  • So, you don't really need 3 classes on a combatant, but the ability to select some skill trees.

Currently that's not possible, it's limited to learn skills by reaching a certain level or by adding them via the event system.
    But once the advanced skill system will be implemented (in one of the next updates), this will be possible. You'll be able to create skill trees in the ORK Framework editor and add them to classes and combatants, and in the event system to add them to a combatant in a running game.

A skill tree will be a set of defined abilities that can be learned by spending points on them. You'll be able to define requirements for each ability, e.g. the combatant needs at least level 20, or ability Fire needs to be at least level 3, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thats nice :) On what fore a Time you Think i can do this?
    Can i Update this fore free than? Sow i Can make now the Skills and ale other things in my Projekt an later upgraiding ore i mast starte agane and must pay again?
  • I'd say about 2-3 weeks, and yes, updates are always free :)
    So you can simply start and create your skills and make trees out of them when the feature has been released.
  • Give there Some Inforemasions what came new in this update?

And please make it possible to make more classes on the same Time :)
  • Aha i have found it :D
    Way gives in the Shop 2 Orks? One With Shopsystem and one Kit.
    Is the Shop Kit inclodet in the otherone? Ore i must bye this extra?

And pleas make it possible to make more classes on the same Time :) ;)
  • edited November 2013
    I can't tell yet what will be in the update that features the skill trees - I have a bunch of stuff on my to-do list :)
    I'll look into multiple classes at the same time, but that's currently not a priority and needs some changes to the system ...

Currently, ORK 2 isn't sold (because it's in beta phase), but you get the upgrade from ORK 1 to ORK 2 for free, if you own both ORK and the Menu/Shop Extension. In my shop you can only buy the ORK Framework package, which already contains both products - in the Asset Store, you need to buy both products separately.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you verry mutch :) I wont this features becose all the kits have the same. And all the Mmorpgs are the same about skils. Thats way i want this. That makes it special :) And i think ork have the potential. ;)

is in Ork 2 than the shop includet? Becose 95 Euros + 33 Euros i found its many. I think 100 its finde for the Packetsch in Asset store ;)
  • Yes, ORK 2 already containts the Menu/Shop Extension's features - that's why you need ORK1+MSE for a free upgrade.