So I got the point with the player controls. I'm able to move the paddle, I'm able to "dismount" the ball. But there is no velocity. The ball just hangs lifeless in the air.

Any ideas of what might be going wrong?

I can provide screenshots or just the entire project file if somebody would want to help out.

Thanks!
  • Make sure your ball's schematic and machine match the tutorial's settings - especially the variable conditions on the machine.
    You can also check the completed version (included in the tutorial project) for differences.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Double triple checked.

I was able to pin point the issue by doing custom inputs.

For initialVelocity
    "the force value is stored in a local start variable of the Interaction Machine that plays the schematic." This should mean the Interaction Machine of the ball.

But there is no direction at all on how to setup InitialVelocity in a manner that will send the relevant data to the variable.

And then the tutorial also states "The X-axis (and Y I add) of the force comes from the local start variable initialVelocity."

So I'm looking for a Local Start Variable in the Interaction Machine of the ball? But nowhere in the tutorial does it say how to set it up!

Any help appreciated!
  • You're right - the local start variables of the ball's interaction machine are wrong in the tutorial (but correct in the finished game in the project). I've updated the tutorial.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!