Hi,
My current state is:
I can collect different types of resources/materials (e.g. ores, wood, herbs) in the world and have it in my inventory
I am using ORKs amazing crafting system to create some new items (outcome) with it.

However, I now wanted to have something like in World of Warcraft, a skill system for my professions (e.g. blacksmithing). Whenever I create an item of Type:Blacksmithing (or the recipt is categorized as a blacksmithing recipt) I would like to get some skill points (e.g. blacksmith experience). If this special experience bar is full, I would like to automatically level up. The more levels in blacksmithing I have, the better recipes I am able to use.

Is there a way to do this? I looked up at the outcomes of the recipt, but there is nothing like a status value upgrade or do I miss here something?

Many thanks,

Kind regards,
Dominik
  • You could use a Use Chance formula that changes object variables on the user. A global event could regularly check the variable and do the level up.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!