edited March 2016 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.7.1 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update for ORK coming by the end of this week, while I continue working on the big ORK 2.8.0 grid battle system.
  • HUDs: Interaction
    New text codes to display the type's name (%tn), description (%td) or icon (%ti) - the type can be the scene object type or class of a combatant.
  • HUDs: Combatant
    The new Use Equipment Variables option in Equipment HUD element allows using variables attached to the displayed equipment for game variable text codes.
  • HUDs: Combatant
    Level points and durability text codes available in Equipment type HUD elements.
    Also, you can optionally display the level points or durability of an equipment as a value bar.
  • UI: Content Layout
    The new Hide Empty Info option allows hiding the info text for choices that display empty information (e.g. the cancel or back button).
  • Menu Screens: Bestiary (Area), Bestiary (Type)
    The new Entry Navigation Keys options allow navigating between different bestiary entries using input keys.
  • Menu Screens, Shops
    The new Play Audio option allows defining which GUI box audio clip will be used for type/page change keys, e.g. accept or cursor clip.
  • Menu Screens
    The new Allow Non-Player option allows displaying a menu screen for non-player group combatants, e.g. through a click on the combatant's HUD or custom scripts.
  • Event System: Set Battle Scene ID
    The new Remove Scene ID option will remove/unset the scene ID of the current battle's Battle component. This can be used in battle end events to make the battle available again.
  • Event System: Change Scene ID
    The new Change Scene ID step allows changing the scene ID state of items and battles in a defined scene.
  • Battle Events
    The Calculate step will now use the optional Miss next slot when an escape attempt failed.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Exciting! :D

Thanks especially for the durability HUD.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks, Gil.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • support 5.3.4?
  • edited March 2016
    I hope so because I'm developing the PC version of my game in 5.3.4 just to see how it goes while still working with 4.7.1 for mobile. I'm really a mobile developer so this is just to keep up with ORK.

I imported the latest ORK version into Unity 5.3.4 without any error messages but I haven't really used it there yet.

By the way, for mobile developers--Apple requires building with XCode 7.3 now for uploading a game to the app store. Luckily Unity did a Unity version 4.7.1 to accommodate Unity 4.x users as it seems to be the most stable build on mobile and they have a ton of developers out there using 4.x.

While 5.1.2 or 3 seems to be the last stable 5.x build on mobile, if you're building for mobile, you have to use Unity 5.3.2 or later or you won't be able to upload a game to Apple. All uploads to Apple for the mobile app store now have to be done using XCode 7.3 and work for the latest ios.

Since I can run more than one Unity version on mac, I'm trying 5.3.4 while building my game with 4.7.1 to see how it does on mobile. And I'll post any problems in the Unity 3d forum.

And here if I encounter an ORK problem. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • @StoneBreaka
    I don't know of any issue with Unity 5.3.4, since they didn't change anything code-wise, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm currently downloading 5.3.4 to test this out :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK Framework 2.7.1 is here: release notes
  • Thank you very much GIL.
    Playmaker and Behavior Designer Integration for ORK Famework
    http://www.gamekakkak.com
  • Awesome!
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
    is this a bug? are there supposed to be two action costs here?
  • @hellwalker, one of them is for Turn Based battles, the other is for Phase Based battles. If you click on the Action Cost header, the help text in the left will specify which is which.
  • @Keldryn Ah cool, though it might be a good idea to include that fact in the name. Turn Based Turn Action Cost etc.
  • Yeah, will fix that in the next update :)