It happens so fast I can't see what the enemy did. It literally happens simultaneously. I thought I followed the tutorial correctly but I must have messed up a step. What would cause this?
  • You're probably at game tutorial 18 - as stated after Testing, there are some issues at this state.

The battle isn't yet animated, i.e. the actions happen within a single frame without any kind of animation or feedback yet. These things are covered in the following tutorials.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Spot on mate, I am indeed in the middle of the tutorial.

I have progressed beyond that, however now my character will move forward to face the enemy in battle, but despite making a "return to base" event, he does not return to his base, just progressively gets closer to the enemy each turn of battle.

Is this something that will be resolved as I progress through the tutorials or did I mess something up? I double checked my work and it seems to be exactly as you instructed.
  • Check your battle spot settings (Battle System > Battle Spots in the ORK editor).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!