Hiya! Really enjoying using the ORK framework so far.

After playing Darkest Dungeon a lot recently, I'd very much like to add some of the positional mechanics they have into my battles. Is there a way to have abilities that are only usable if you're in a specific battle spot or spots, and further, is there a way to have abilities move characters around between battle spots?

For example, in Darkest Dungeon, one of the characters has an ability which shuffles their opponent forward one spot (both parties start in a line). Other abilities require that the character is in, say, the first battle spot, or the third or fourth.

Apologies if this one's obvious - I did look in the docs and couldn't see anything.

Thanks in advance!
  • Move combatants around with abilities is possible through the event system. Just move them in the battle events used to animate your ability - you can also move their battle spots through the Waypoint object selection in event steps.

Position mechanics need a bit more work. Best way to do this would be by using Status Effects as use requirements for the ability.
    E.g. create a status effect that should allow using abilities from a battle spot (use Hidden to hide them from the player) and set them up as use requirement for those abilities. Add the status effect through a Trigger Enter event interaction and remove it through a Trigger Exit event interaction - and add those to your battle spot (you can use defined game objects in your scene as battle spots by overriding them in the Battle component).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi,

Sorry for diging it out but I'm tryng to implement similar battle system to Darkest Dungeon and have some successes, specialy using requaierments for status effects with are positions. But i was stuck with attacking multiple enemies. I dont know how to select all enemies who meets abilyty criteria for attack (Exp: Status Position1 and Status Position2). Any Ideas ?
  • That's set up in the ability's target requirements.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • This was a while back. Would you still suggest the same methods @gamingislove ?
  • Yes.